Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Malcornelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT Premium PP Paxton
Just got mine back from the dealership. Due to the Paxton, they charged me an hour of labor which we haggled on but at least it was warrantied.
Sponsored

Dantir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
LB 2017 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack
It's been very hot here and I've been using the AC a lot more than normal. I've started to notice the "oily bandaid smell" for a few seconds after turning the AC on. This has only been in the last couple of weeks.

So far as I can tell AC performance has been fine, it still blows very cold on driver and passenger sides. Should I be worried? Should I have the dealer run an AC test?

It's a 2017 GT that was built in June, I believe. 7500 miles and I've owned it 13 months.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Should you be worried? Yes
Should you have the dealer run a test? Maybe, but if it's still working, they may argue that there's nothing wrong.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Mine blew band aid for a couple months till it noticeably started failing. Your probably breathing in refrigerant? Is bring it in.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
Mine blew band aid for a couple months till it noticeably started failing. Your probably breathing in refrigerant? Is bring it in.
ditto. ask for the test. the first time i complained they didn't even check and blamed it on a dirty cabin filter... a few months later they were proven wrong when my a/c kicked the can.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
My first evap core went out at 15k and just took it in for my 2nd replacement at 26k.

I'm in Florida and the Florida Law screw customers on the Ford ESP Plan, so its not worth in buying it since the base is 2.3k for 7 years 125k.

I really hope Ford does something about this rather than just screwing over just about every S550 customer. Real good way to loose customer base.

Why can't Ford get it together on Quality Control?!?!?!
remember when "quality is job 1" used to be the Ford slogan? :tsk:

51353d1401760451-parking-brake-rattle-job_one.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Please explain. I don't understand how a law can invalidate ESP?
I found this statement on-line:
"Florida residents can only purchase Ford Protect Plans at Ford’s Florida retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida."

So sounds like the state of Florida has made a law that says the Ford ESP can only be sold at Ford's retail price, no price discounts allowed by sellers.

Flood Ford won't even sell anyone from Florida a Ford ESP on-line (probably not licensed to do so), see screen shot.
Capture.JPG

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I found this statement on-line:
"Florida residents can only purchase Ford Protect Plans at Ford’s Florida retail prices from dealers licensed to sell in the State of Florida."
Thanks.

I'm guessing it's related to the wording of Florida laws involving the sale of any insurance. I don't see any reason why Ford would choose to protect Florida dealers and not others.

Since the ESP policy itself is valid in all states regardless of where you buy it, it might be possible to find a dealer elsewhere to sell you one; one that doesn't care about Florida dealers or what Ford would do to slap their wrists.

If you buy on-line how does the ESP seller verify your residence? Can it be as simple as telling them a different state?

Idea for new business: I rent a non-existent room in my state of AZ to Floridians for a nominal fee. That's providing, of course, they don't mind sharing said non-existent room with as many other Floridians who are in the same boat.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since the ESP policy itself is valid in all states regardless of where you buy it, it might be possible to find a dealer elsewhere to sell you one; one that doesn't care about Florida dealers or what Ford would do to slap their wrists.
There are on-line dealers not in Florida that will sell the ESP to Florida residents (if they are licensed to do so), but it will be at full retail price as Florida law has dictated.

See "Questions About Florida" on this website:
http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/about/faqs.aspx

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read it. Sounds like my room rental business is a winner!
Yep

I ran two quotes on Zeigler Ford's website.

1st quote is Florida resident (Ford's full retail price), 2nd quote is Washington state resident (discounted price).
Capture-2.JPG
Capture-3.JPG

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Incredible! I think we need a special prosecutor for this. How much did Florida legislators take from Florida Ford dealers for this?

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
seen some people had to replace them a year later after already getting replaced!

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
Incredible! I think we need a special prosecutor for this. How much did Florida legislators take from Florida Ford dealers for this?
It was probably insurance industry lobbyists, because this law covers all extended warranty offerings, regardless of the product. Car dealers, motorcycle dealers, boat dealers, etc. are all required to have an insurance license if they’re selling any type of extended warranty contract at a retail level.
Sponsored