Sponsored

D.C. area Exhaust welder

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Hi

I am putting my resonators back on my GT350. Do you have a local person you trust welding on your exhaust that you can recommend. I do not mind paying good money for quality work
Sponsored

OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found the great service I was looking for. Hi-Flo Custom Exhaust in Manassas are the go-to folks for exhaust. They put my resonators back in about an hour. Great folks and great work

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I found the great service I was looking for. Hi-Flo Custom Exhaust in Manassas are the go-to folks for exhaust. They put my resonators back in about an hour. Great folks and great work

Yeah they are near my shop, need to give them a visit to fix an exhaust leak in my '11.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
No no no! Absolutely do not go there! They do the crappiest work I've ever seen!

I went there to get my stock mufflers replaced with magnaflow with new tips. They got welding splatter all over the tips which rusted and looked like shit in a day. They took off my stock exhaust bracket and put some rusty POS on! I wasn't notified that they threw out the stock brackets until I went to put on roush axlebacks and found this ridiculous bs on it. I'm not the only one who they did this to. The guy who did my roof wrap told me they did this exact thing to his friend too.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_23_at_4_50_12_PM.png

I was charged $400 for mufflers and tips. They also welded my x-pipe instead of using the clamps I provided because "they don't do clamps" as I was told. Even though ford uses factory clamps.... Avoid that place like the plague their employees are absolute trash and don't give a crap about quality. They wanted $200 to install the x-pipe because they had to do 4 welds. I talked them down to $150 because I never wanted welds anyways. I don't own this car anymore and I'm still pissed about that place.

It's my fault that I didn't have them lift the car up in the air when I got there to examine the quality of work. I just trusted the google reviews.

OP
OP

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not my experience at all. They removed my x pipe, installed the factory part, used the clamps, did a good job, and charged me less than what you paid. They even squeezed me in same day. I would go back.

Question. You have done a great job talking about Hi-flo, do you have any recommendations on who to use?

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Nope no recommendation as most chains will not touch exhausts. I'm giving my experience and I know I'm not alone in it. I have no horse in this race other than trying to prevent the same happening to others. As long as you're present while they work on the car, it should be fine.
[MENTION=30043]triggered[/MENTION] please chime in about what your friend's experience was with hi Flo.

Btw for every 10 reviews he only gets 2 negative ones. Maybe some just have shit luck. In either case, I'm actively looking for an exhaust shop to take my mid muffles out on my scat pack and so far no luck.
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/[703]-hi-flo-custom-exhaust-164958/

Last edited:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
A customer of mine was here at the shop yesterday with work done from Hi-Flo, it looked like quality welding to me.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
A customer of mine was here at the shop yesterday with work done from Hi-Flo, it looked like quality welding to me.
You worked on my car about 6 months ago when you lowered it. Much appreciated btw, and at anyone reading this Grimace is awesome. I didn't get to meet him in person, but very clean job and did an amazing alignment.

It was the race red 2016 with gt350r wheel. Anyways you probably got the best look of my undercarriage. Maybe if you remember that car, it's worth noting that they did the exhaust on it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wish I could remember. I've had the pleasure of working on a number of Mustangs recently thanks to the forum so details get mixed up. The only shop that has done exhaust work for my car was Moore Automotive in Fairfax. I wasn't 100% happy with the work done but I couldn't exactly expect perfection since I was supplying my own parts limiting their options. It sounds great though. I know what I need to get it done right but that is pushing a grand and I have absolutely no money to spare right now. My boss also wants work done to his car so I'll let him go first to test the waters at Hi-Flo. Also I think he knows the owner there.
Sponsored