Sponsored

Evaporator Core Failure

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Overfilled AC. When RPMs come up off idle the AC compressor pushes pressures above upper limit and the logic system shuts the compressor off via the compressor clutch.
After several weeks, my A/C is now running perfectly despite recent 95F days.
While I have my original factory Evaporator, if your diagnosis is correct it may be that the Overcharge has slowly leaked out enough to be in spec.. ! Ha!
For Now anyway. LOL.

5,000 more Factory Warranty left so Ima purchase 120k BaseCare through FloodFord before Christmas..

Still love my 300hp V6!
Goodyear F1's still have good tread too..
Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Had to take mine back to the dealer a few weeks ago. It was blowing hot air again. They said it had a leak in one of the lines. They replaced the line and recharged the system.

Yesterday it started blowing hot air again. I'll have to call them today and take it back for a third time.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Had to take mine back to the dealer a few weeks ago. It was blowing hot air again. They said it had a leak in one of the lines. They replaced the line and recharged the system.

Yesterday it started blowing hot air again. I'll have to call them today and take it back for a third time.
I hope unscrupulous dealers haven't figured out they can bill Ford for one or more other unneeded part replacements before doing the core.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I used to work for the dealership I'm taking it to, I hope they wouldn't do that to me, but who knows. I have an appointment to drop the car off Thurs. morning to have them look at it again. Told them it had a musty smell now and to maybe look at the evaporator core. I guess we'll see what they come up with this time.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Is there anyone from Ford still on these forums? I'd like to see if Ford will take care of me if any more air conditioning problems pop up after the warranty expires. Since it seems to be an ongoing problem.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is there anyone from Ford still on these forums? I'd like to see if Ford will take care of me if any more air conditioning problems pop up after the warranty expires. Since it seems to be an ongoing problem.
I'm pretty sure they are no longer on the forums. But they had the same job as the phone support people. The main reason they were on the forums was to help people who didn't know about the phone support or preferred written communications.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Car's still in the shop. The dealer has had it since Thurs. and I haven't heard from them. They did give me a decent loaner this time. It's a 2015 Fusion, but at least it's not a Chrysler 200 that smells like a wet ashtray, like last time...

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
The dealer ordered an evaporator core for the car, should have it tomorrow. May have the car back tomorrow, but most likely Friday.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I mentioned this in another thread but I am finally going through this myself. At around 41,000 miles, my A/C went out this past weekend. Unfortunately, the dealer can't even take the car until next Monday. Yesterday was hot as hell. It's cooled off a bit today though so it's tolerable.

In any case, it sounds like I had the warning signs. The musty/mildew-y smell, strange noises here and there. I even have some posts documenting that from about a year ago (when I was still in warranty). I even asked the dealer about it once when I dropped the car off. Of course now I'm out of warranty. Guess we'll see what happens...

I did live chat with Ford CS and while they still need an official diagnosis from the dealership, they are telling me that I'm eligible for financial assistance for this so hopefully they cover all or most of it. They def should since these things have been failing left and right. I'm simply one of those people that don't use A/C unless it's absolutely necessary. That's probably why it lasted as long as it did. Should've ran to death while I was under warranty!

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
The dealership notified me today that they have the part, but can't put it in today. They're going to call me and let me know when they can get to it. So, six days to look at it and who knows when they'll get around to replacing it. I'm kind of dissapointed, but my friends are way more pissed off than I am. Should I be more upset?

Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
Got the car back on 8/28. A/C is still working (knock on wood).

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
You probably had yours done under warranty, but I'm curious how expensive the core would be to replace. Did they have to tear the dash apart? How many labor hours? My warranty is nearing the end and I am reading that a lot of people have this problem. I don't have it yet though.
I am pretty sure someone on here paid $1775 and is not a happy camper, rightfully so.
After reading and having the evap core fail in mine, among other issues, I will never buy a Ford again. Their quality is lower than GM, ever after they fired the CEO for quality issues, there is not been any improvements. I feel like I have a Pontiac from the early 90's, and for 40K, that is not a good feeling.

BLKIGHT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey, can anyone tell me if they had this problem. This past week, there was smoke coming out the ac vents early in the morning with the defroster/heater was on. Today with those on, the smoke was coming out of the right side of the hood and had a buring sort of rubber smell to it. I took it to the dealership to get it looked at. What do you guys think it could be?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hey, can anyone tell me if they had this problem. This past week, there was smoke coming out the ac vents early in the morning with the defroster/heater was on. Today with those on, the smoke was coming out of the right side of the hood and had a buring sort of rubber smell to it. I took it to the dealership to get it looked at. What do you guys think it could be?
Sounds like something is burning under the hood. The smoke came out the AC vents because the HVAC system was probably taking in air from the outside. Check for oil leaks from the valve covers ... that's been reported before as a cause of smoke under the hood.

BLKIGHT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sounds like something is burning under the hood. The smoke came out the AC vents because the HVAC system was probably taking in air from the outside. Check for oil leaks from the valve covers ... that's been reported before as a cause of smoke under the hood.
Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was the value covers that allowed oil to leak
Sponsored