Sponsored

Ticking/Clicking Noise Consistent with Vehicle Speed

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hi all,

Figured I would get people's opinions on here prior to bringing up the issue with my dealer. Lately, I've noticed a ticking sound, which increases in speed as the vehicle speed increases, and decreases the same way. When the car is cold, I can hear it with the windows up - sounds like it is coming through the center console/vents. I have played with turning the heat/AC on and off, shifting into neutral as I'm coasting, etc., and it makes no difference. It almost sounds like there is a piece of plastic on a rotating component of the car tapping against something as it spins. When driving through a parking garage with the windows down, I can hear the sound bouncing off of the parking garage walls. Any thoughts? I tried searching around the forums for a similar issue and didn't find much.

Car has 6k miles on it, only mods are MBRP street catback and JLT oil separator, neither of which I suspect are the issue.

Thanks
Sponsored

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Look for the labels from the driveshaft coming off and hitting the tunnel

Took me a week to find that one on mine

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
You ever figure this out? Mine has developed a tick that sounds like this, a card in the spoke of a bicycle. I'll get under it and look next weekend and hopefully it doesn't have to go to ford.

pandahater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any more info? I’ve been noticing this more and more. 6300 miles on my 17 base GT mt82. I put a corsa on when the car was practically new, the switched to stock for s bit to compare. Noticed it the past few weeks with the stock exhaust and almost wondered if it was a leak, put the corsa back on and definitely still hear it.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
any chance yall had an oil change before this started happening?

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
did any of you check for a rock stuck in a tire tread?

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
I too have this issue as well, have not been able to figure it out. I've taken it to the dealership twice for this issue, the first time they "couldn't hear it", the second time they replaced the abs module and that fixed it for like a week and then it was back to making the noise. It has something to do with temperature because I've noticed I hear it a lot more during the winter then i do during the summer.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Mine was the label on the driveshaft coming off as well. Easy fix.
Sponsored