Sponsored

Anyone ever break a MMR OPG or CG?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I see that MMR has a sale for $399 for both and I had/have my eyes set on the TSS kit which is $680. I sure could use that $280 elsewhere. Thoughts!
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Immediate thought: You sell your car?

Next thought: never heard of either broke. But I did notice MMR TG tooth profile is slightly larger than stock. Not sure if thats good or bad.
Wonder what the cost difference is in materials or they just have too much inventory or ?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Both are great Brands no issues you can go either way we've been running them for years both Brands both cars we have the MMR and sales well it's 409 on our site but shipping is free

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
ran the stock OPG to 8250 for a season and a half - OPG kaboomed.
rebuilt engine with all forged internals, including upgraded valve springs, ATI harmonic balancer, livernois OPG and MMR CG. runs to 8600 now, no issues. you want these at any price if you're stressing your drivetrain, trust me :)

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I debated between TSS and MMR for a while before purchasing. People in my town are not big fans of MMR so I ultimately went with TSS. Honestly, either brand is completely fine because its not that powder plastic crap that Ford puts in there. The savings can go to future mods or to a more expensive brand (TSS) so that you can feel like you have deep pockets.

Either way, there are get theres out there and both Beefcake and Hypermotive had hook me up with the OPG install.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
ran the stock OPG to 8250 for a season and a half - OPG kaboomed.
rebuilt engine with all forged internals, including upgraded valve springs, ATI harmonic balancer, livernois OPG and MMR CG. runs to 8600 now, no issues. you want these at any price if you're stressing your drivetrain, trust me :)
HOLY SH*T, BOARDKAT!!! I'm surprised the stock OPG even lasted that long running those kind of rpm's. That's insane. And 8600???? WOOOO, that thing gotta be SCREAMING. But I bet it sounds bad ass.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I wish someone could explain to me why MRR OPGs are somehow bad.
they aren't

here is the issue, you have some people that have complained about engine issue with mmr, mainly years and years ago.

what you never hear about, is that the volume they do is ridiculous, and you only hear bad.

you also never hear about tuning issues, how much power running, etc....

and i can tell you this, success breeds to things lovers and haters.......

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
13k-14k miles on my setup and im not exactly easy on it. just fine :cool:
Sponsored