Sponsored

Ring Time for the ZL1-1LE........wow

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's good that the camera was so high and centered in the car so that you could see the road around the huge gauge pod. The sight lines are so messed up in that car. The driver must really know the Nurburgring well. He was partially blinded during this lap.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
You guys can rag all you want. In my opinion that was a dang awesome video, and some sweet driving!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
car has a cage but all these cars doing balls out runs on the ring need them for safety. You can see a roll bar above the drives head on the camera view looking backwards towards the roof.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You guys can rag all you want. In my opinion that was a dang awesome video, and some sweet driving!
I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. It's gotta be tough to drive those speeds when you can barely see the road. He did an admirable job.

Sponsored

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yea, don't even go there. 991.2 GT3 time was with the driver sitting in 'non production' carbon seats, PDK and Rear steering. One cannot take away from how impressive this performance was. GM managed to tame the LT4 motor in a 3900lb car with DSSV suspension + Aero. For a starting price of $70k, that is a hell of an achievement. More impressive that it was done with a Manual Transmission. #Respect.
It is not the same car as they will sell at dealers! GM plays this game with all their cars.

Hell the z28 could not beat the 12 zl1 time of 7.41 in good weather on a closed track with many attempts!

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
car has a cage but all these cars doing balls out runs on the ring need them for safety. You can see a roll bar above the drives head on the camera view looking backwards towards the roof.
They had many interior shots of the car during the lap, where did you see a cage? The guys has balls of steel if there isn't any, but I couldn't see one. The only thing I saw that isn't stock wast the racing seat.:cheers:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not the same car as they will sell at dealers! GM plays this game with all their cars.

Hell the z28 could not beat the 12 zl1 time of 7.41 in good weather on a closed track with many attempts!
You have proof of this where???

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its a badass car no doubt!! Do i want one no, i'd rather have a Raptor!!

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500

Sorry to say but it's exactly the same car. Last summer when they crashed one into the wall you could say it was pre-production, but not this time. Car was released to public and this run followed.

Give me a Demon and one of these and I'd be a happy camper. Hoping Ford gets in the game and replaces either one of these but I'm not going to be a delusional fan boy and down this run. Great 6 min of video.

Sponsored

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yea, don't even go there. 991.2 GT3 time was with the driver sitting in 'non production' carbon seats, PDK and Rear steering.
Let's see the PDK is oem, so is the 4.0, so is dyno verified 501hp, so is the rear steering. The only thing that was not oem was the sear as you mentioned which is 15lbs heavier than the oem seat.

Sport Auto ran this 991.2 GT3 with their own pro driver at 7.18.2 while independly verifying all of the above. Which is way more than gm has ever done. Wait scratch that they, I mean gm I mean gm engineer has verified that gm have run shaved tires for better marketing times.

Once again the last time Sport Auto indepently tested a gm vehicle it ran 12 sec slower that what gm claimed. Which would put the zl11le at 7.28. Still a hell of a time. :cheers:

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Sorry to say but it's exactly the same car. Last summer when they crashed one into the wall you could say it was pre-production, but not this time. Car was released to public and this run followed.

Give me a Demon and one of these and I'd be a happy camper. Hoping Ford gets in the game and replaces either one of these but I'm not going to be a delusional fan boy and down this run. Great 6 min of video.
Verification? I want corner weights, fuel test, dyno test(the day it was run), blower verification, psi output(again day it was run), and tire verification.

Again as I have stated before gm has been caught with non oem parts on their ring time vehicles in the past. Hell am engineered confirmed shaving tires for more grip.

The last time an independent group ran a gm vehicle it was 12 seconds slower than GMs claim.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Verification? I want corner weights, fuel test, dyno test(the day it was run), blower verification, psi output(again day it was run), and tire verification.

Again as I have stated before gm has been caught with non oem parts on their ring time vehicles in the past. Hell am engineered confirmed shaving tires for more grip.

The last time an independent group ran a gm vehicle it was 12 seconds slower than GMs claim.
Where is all this evidence of being caught and confirmed shaving. Please inform us and not buy hearsay.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt

you sir are correct.Garbage Motors have been sending out RINGER cars to get good times for years.:ford::lol::cheers:
Sponsored