Sponsored

Aircon stopped working

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Started the car today and SYNC went into maintenance update mode, however once the update was over the aircon failed to restart. Drove to the ford dealership they spent 60 mins checking it out (no fault codes), dong resets etc and nothing.

Thery have confirmed there is power gong to the aircon module, but no power from there to the fan. They will need it for a day (next week) to diagnose/fix it.

Anyone else had any issues with the Aircon?
Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Interesting! I had the update/bug message but everything restarted ok, keep us updated - first ive heard of aircon issues, mine surges a little bit at lower fan speeds but i think thats to do with engine rpm

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Hope Ford AU stocks up on evaporator units with summer coming up and that the core issue is fixed before mine's built.
Would certainly be preferable to having your dash pulled out.

:doh:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GAFA

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Update-Fixed

Service centre found a bent pin in the power plug to the aircon fan. Appears it was damged during manufacture/install. The pin was bent just enough that it would make contact 99% of the time hence I had no issues for the first 6 weeks of owership.
Numerous photos were taken and sent to Ford AU and USA.

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
My aircon died last week in 40+ heat :doh: Fan working & is cooler (not cold) on the passenger side but no cooling on drivers side. Took it to dealer & they say minimum 6 week wait for a new "air box" from USA...:frusty::frusty::frusty: Not convinced they really know what's wrong with it. Car is less than a year old & hasn't even done 7000kms yet. Going to ring Ford on Monday but don't know what else to do... :shrug:

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I'm getting worried about my aircon after reading that thread.. I noticed a whiny sound the other day and my drivers side vents don't seem to be pushing air out anywhere near as cold as the other vents..

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I think mine has well and truly gone. Drivers side is now just pumping out hot/warm air. Passenger side is only slightly cool. Definitely not cold. I'm worried this is going to take a long time to fix.. feel like Ford Aus will not be prepared for this problem yet or have any idea how Ford US has been fixing it. Going to try and get the dealer to read the US thread about it for ideas. Taking it in tomorrow to be looked at.

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the call from Ford that my car is ready to be picked up. They said they couldn't find a leak after using UV die but that it was low on gas so they filled that up.. they've asked me to bring it back in in 2 weeks to check if there is any UV die leak. Does this sound even possible to anyone? How could it be low on gas when it is less than a year old and with no obvious leak? Do you think it's really the evaporator and they didn't really look into it? I suggested they check their first as it has been known to go on many mustangs.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got the call from Ford that my car is ready to be picked up. They said they couldn't find a leak after using UV die but that it was low on gas so they filled that up.. they've asked me to bring it back in in 2 weeks to check if there is any UV die leak. Does this sound even possible to anyone? How could it be low on gas when it is less than a year old and with no obvious leak? Do you think it's really the evaporator and they didn't really look into it? I suggested they check their first as it has been known to go on many mustangs.
Yeah it wouldnt be that low from just usage, even with it on all the time. Definitely something else going on

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it wouldnt be that low from just usage, even with it on all the time. Definitely something else going on
Just picked it up. They couldn't find a leak but it only had 200gm of gas out of 680. Have to take it back in 2 weeks to see if the UV dye under a UV light has leaked anywhere. I can see this taking a long time for me to Have the actual problem solved... its cold for now but as soon as it starts warming up in the slightest I'll be taking it in. Not risking this not being properly fixed before warranty expires.

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
Just picked it up. They couldn't find a leak but it only had 200gm of gas out of 680. Have to take it back in 2 weeks to see if the UV dye under a UV light has leaked anywhere. I can see this taking a long time for me to Have the actual problem solved... its cold for now but as soon as it starts warming up in the slightest I'll be taking it in. Not risking this not being properly fixed before warranty expires.
I have a similar story, 12 month dealer service back last December (2016) the day before the service I noticed the air con struggling, dealer inspected during service, was low on gas, recharged with gas with dye and couldn't find a leak. I put my car back in again yesterday as a/c was struggling again, dealer found leak, now all fixed and all good (touch wood :)) I didn't find out where the leak was as I was working and got my son to collect the Mustang, I will enquire Monday and ask where it was leaking.

Last edited:

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
My aircon died last week in 40+ heat :doh: Fan working & is cooler (not cold) on the passenger side but no cooling on drivers side. Took it to dealer & they say minimum 6 week wait for a new "air box" from USA...:frusty::frusty::frusty: Not convinced they really know what's wrong with it. Car is less than a year old & hasn't even done 7000kms yet. Going to ring Ford on Monday but don't know what else to do... :shrug:
Same issue for me, booked into dealer on Monday, they said needed for three days.
Will be interesting to see what they diagnose and how long to fix. Have road trip planned for week after next so hope it can be resolved by then.
Sponsored