Sponsored

Twin Turbo Build!

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
The factory rods and pistons in the Voodoo engine are stronger and better than what the coyote has and the sleeves "should" be stronger as well. Dropping the compression would be the only real benefit to doing a drop in rod/piston set at this point and we just dont think its worth it.

We will be running E85 so the extra compression isn't as big of a concern.

Thank you to Tony for allowing us to build this awesome kit!

Headers are shipping out to Tirado Coatings for heat protection coating today, as soon as they return fabrication continues.
Sponsored

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Yeah where I am there's no e85 which is a bummer.
A lot of fuel companies like Ignite and Gulf Coast sell drums pretty cheap and its better grade E85 as well.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Looking forward to seeing this in person. I'm in Indy too... Are you planning to take this out to ORP this summer, or Putnam, or somewhere else?

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Looking forward to seeing this in person. I'm in Indy too... Are you planning to take this out to ORP this summer, or Putnam, or somewhere else?
I had a track day scheduled for Putnam this weekend, but had to cancel due to this project....I do plan to break her in there for sure, and maybe do the Optima Challenge next year...

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
The factory rods and pistons in the Voodoo engine are stronger and better than what the coyote has and the sleeves "should" be stronger as well. Dropping the compression would be the only real benefit to doing a drop in rod/piston set at this point and we just dont think its worth it.

We will be running E85 so the extra compression isn't as big of a concern.

Thank you to Tony for allowing us to build this awesome kit!

Headers are shipping out to Tirado Coatings for heat protection coating today, as soon as they return fabrication continues.
Thanks OP for being brave and such a pioneer .
I am sure you already know you could not be in better hands as nobody knows turbos better .
Great to know there is a great local option if I ever decide to add FI .
I don't think I could ever trust mine to an "off the shelf" kit (like I did on my GT's)
If you are going to take the risk,a custom kit including with installation and dyno Tunning is the only way to go .
I think if you are spending the coin might as well get a custom built short block from MMR .....if they truly can build it with a flat plane .
http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=877

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
LTs were not optimal for this TT setup
To bad you didn't wait and get the 2017 350. All the standard goodies like the diff, trans cookers, upgraded radiator, and magnetic ride off the R is now standard for base 350's in 17'..... 17's have been available to order since May of 16' at my dealer. Oh, Engineers told me the 350's internals are safe upto about 700-730 crank hp. I did forged internals in a 2012 5.0 auto, with 3.31's, and 2x 62's, placed in place of my cats, low and rear of the engine and heat. Stealthy too. Can't hear them, nor see them. They stay cooler down there too. Car made 675 rwhp at 9.5 psi... It ran 10.5's at 134mph all day on DR's... Upgraded shorty headers and drop-in K&N.... No rear seats, light battery, light wheels, driveshaft, carbon racing fuel tank and lexan rear window. A nice 170 lb weight drop. 3508 lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel, no people onboard. Good luck on the project.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
To bad you didn't wait and get the 2017 350. All the standard goodies like the diff, trans cookers, upgraded radiator, and magnetic ride off the R is now standard for base 350's in 17'..... 17's have been available to order since May of 16' at my dealer. Oh, Engineers told me the 350's internals are safe upto about 700-730 crank hp. I did forged internals in a 2012 5.0 auto, with 3.31's, and 2x 62's, placed in place of my cats, low and rear of the engine and heat. Stealthy too. Can't hear them, nor see them. They stay cooler down there too. Car made 675 rwhp at 9.5 psi... It ran 10.5's at 134mph all day on DR's... Upgraded shorty headers and drop-in K&N.... No rear seats, light battery, light wheels, driveshaft, carbon racing fuel tank and lexan rear window. A nice 170 lb weight drop. 3508 lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel, no people onboard. Good luck on the project.
I sure hope that engineer was extremely conservative because there's tons of regular GT's running around with 700-750 rear wheel hp and holding together just fine. The 350 should easily be able to match if not exceed this number.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
We have made over 900whp on a GT, they are stout engines for sure!

I drove my personal car around on stock engine, single turbo for a year at 815hp. When we pulled the engine apart to build it everything looked perfect.

#turbotheworld haha

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This is amazing, great work.

dstang88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 cai, exhaust
Looking good! Keep posting! Very interested in this build and how it turns out.

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Quick update..

TSS OPG's and crank sprocket are done and we welded an oil drain flange to the cover while we had it off.

We have the transmission removed and ready for the new clutch, here is what the stock one looks like.

We also received the latest revision of the RXT from McLeod.

Very nice piece! Comes fully balanced, assembled and ready to install.

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Any Pics of the gear swap?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I may get an airline ticket to Indy so I can meet u and ride in your car when its done LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited: