Sponsored

who's running e85 on there shelby????

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
just installed a Lund tune/e85 flex fuel/jlt intake....just a few question, its got a hard start pretty much every morning when I'm running e85, ya'll having same issues, I was told e85 burns at a different temp, " so not to worry ". figure ask the pros on this site, who's running similar setup...im taking her in tomorrow to get dynode with the e85 flex/jlt intake...thinking of doing a Y pipe, my dilemma is i live in california....does it make that big of a difference...whatever ya'll can help me with this be great...ill post numbers when she gets dynoed...:headbang:
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I live in Fresno. Cold start stumbling at this time of year is absolutely normal with ethanol percentage above about 60. If it bothers you you can dillute with 91 next fillup to bring your alc% below that level. A 50:50 blend will give you about 97 octane and normal starting.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
And what do you mean by "y-pipe"?

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
As long as you leave the cats in place, you'll be fine with your CA inspection. Did you get it on the dyno?

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Voodoo does not sound good with H pipe.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I didn't drive my car for two days because of the rain. After that it really didn't like starting. A lot of states lower the wintertime ethanol content for this reason but not in CA. I asked Propel Fuels. I'm going to fill up with e10 next time around so I'll have a blend of about e50.

OP
OP
BeausGarage

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
just ordered the off road pipes from lethal:headbang:...im wondering if i should get the tune from Lund or just go to Gregg from Racers Edge, heard good things about them.. ill post numbers when things are done.

OP
OP
BeausGarage

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I didn't drive my car for two days because of the rain. After that it really didn't like starting. A lot of states lower the wintertime ethanol content for this reason but not in CA. I asked Propel Fuels. I'm going to fill up with e10 next time around so I'll have a blend of about e50.
man, e50 thats low. sounds risky to the engine, i have the flex from lund. should i be concerned?

OP
OP
BeausGarage

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
As long as you leave the cats in place, you'll be fine with your CA inspection. Did you get it on the dyno?
ill post dyno # when i figure where to take her, live in orange county...heard good things about racers edge...any suggestions.

Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ill post dyno # when i figure where to take her, live in orange county...heard good things about racers edge...any suggestions.
I'd take it to Racer's Edge if I were you. It's better to get a dyno tune rather than a canned tune. Canned tunes are generic, and may require, not always data logging. I feel you'll get more out of a dyno tune, meaning more tailored for your engine.

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BeausGarage

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
That's not an h-pipe. That's an off road pipe that deletes your cats. You're going to need a revised tune from Lund. I believe it's free of charge.
ya i figured, my dilemma was, should i remove the restrictors and go with an H, or just move the cat and do lethals off road pipe....figure I'm screwed either way living here in cali...ill call lund and see what the cost is to add.. Which will be great because ill be able to do a baseline run with the off the shelf tune by lund and how it differs from taking your car to an actual dyno and getting the car tuned... these are hand built engines, so i figure each tune should be geared more towards a specific engine then model of the vehicle..

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I guarantee Lund has more experience tuning the Voodoo. His email tune is exactly the same tune that he runs in his own car. e50 is around 100 octane so there is nothing risky about it.
Sponsored