Sponsored

Mgw/mt82 shift nibbles

drobinson1692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis Coupe
Hey guys
I have a 2016 premium gt pp. I originally was annoyed with the nibble I got going into 5th at times and decided to spring for an mow shifter (standard spec short handle) and synchro shift fluid. Ever since, I've noticed a lot of nibbling when shifting into 2nd, and fifth with the mow. Not grinding, just a rough engagement at times. Even once warm it occurs occasionally. I've tried all sorts of shifting techniques to switch it up - only consistent thing I've found is >3-35k shifting is buttery, but anything lower has spotty nibbles.
I'm going to get a raceseng slammer to dampen the feeling. Is this just how an mt82 is? Very mechanical and the mgw exacerbates it with a stronger connection?
Thanks,
Drob
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Any short shifter will amplify the force because simple leverage.
The MT-82 nibbles a bit at lower rpm for me especially 2nd and 3rd.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
strange after MGW and Royal purple fluid, my nibbles went away. Definately smoother once warmed up

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
All my nibbles went away with the BG fluid.

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I have the same setup and a similar experience. MGW shifter + BG fluid in my 2017 with 4k miles on the clock. Shifting into 2nd when cold is rough and I have to baby it for the first few shifts in the morning. Once warm, 95% of the nibble seems to go away, but every once and a while (rare) I'll still get a little resistance when shifting in lower RPMs as you describe.
From what others have experienced it seems somewhat normal for the MT-82. Overall shifting is still much improved - the nibble bothered me at first but I've grown to live with it.
Sponsored