Sponsored

ford has a new plan

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I was curious about a used electric focus the other day, until I saw what a battery pack costs ($19,836). Compare that to the Voodoo engine at ~ $16,000!
Interesting. Thanks for the info. One "minor" correction - what you found out is the dollar amount that a Ford dealership sells the battery pack for (price). That does not necessarily have the relationship with cost that you are assuming. It may only have a relationship to what Ford believes they can sell the part for.
Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Uber will be automated/driverless in the near future and the drivers are funding that technology for them. The side hustle" will be non existent.
Driverless Uber cars..... I can just see it in NYC....
New York will present challenges and offer new hurdles, including bad weather and more-aggressive drivers, which will “improve” their software at a much faster rate >>

Some of the SW "improvements" might include:
Blowing the horn as soon as the light turns green (only if you're at least the 3rd car or more back)
Changing lanes without signalling
Extension of the middle finger at the slightest perceived provocation, or no provocation at all
Double parking
:D
FUHGETTABOUTIT!!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I continue to believe that the GT500 will have a 650HP turbo from the GT and two 70HP motors on the front wheels run by a battery where the back seat would normally be. If they make THAT, I'll buy one. It'll be light and fast as h**l.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
First Ford is my current GT350. May be my last Ford if they don't make specialty models.

The Explorer is nice but the Pilot owns that segment due to Honda quality, resale and value for the dollar.
Agree. Heres how i see it. I bought a gob of ford stock about 6 months ago. It fell a little here and there and in the last 3 weeks, since the insiders knew about the electric cars coming stock has went up quite a bit. Me... well... ill reluctantly keep the stock, but i didnt buy it for anything but because i like their performance direction. Now.... ugggg.
Im not going to buy performance electric cars. Ill be buying older cars and adding performance parts instead so they wont be getting my money anymore.
I have a ford explorer sport... chose it OVER the pilot. Better performance IMO. Great ride AND the GVWR is over the pilot which enables businesses to write off the vehicle. If the pilot was over GVWR, i probably would have gotten it because i do agree, resale is better, cost was cheaper and im sure it will outlast the ford.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is so simple. Stop making the cars I want and I'll find someone who does.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
As long as Ford continues to make a quality vehicle, rather than trying to chase volume by making a cheap vehicle, they should do OK.

Hopefully this new CEO realizes that a company needs halo type products to keep everyone inspired and proud of what they are able to accomplish when directives and requirements are clear and focused.

Even if these vehicles aren't the cash cows that the bean counters would like them to be (due to their small volumes and high development costs), they still add value to the organization by providing opportunities to take chances, push the boundaries in certain ways, and exercise creativity that might otherwise be constrained by more mundane requirements.

In the end we enthusiasts make up a small portion of sales, but I do think we have more influence than those sales would imply. How many of us are the go-to advisors for family and friends looking to buy, or are active in promoting (or complaining) about our vehicles? I think most companies realize that the fans of their performance (or maybe "special" or "interesting") models are a vocal and important group, with more impact than their numbers would lead one to believe.

Hopefully a savvy CEO will keep these aspects in mind and avoid castrating the group that created a $70,000 car that gets compared favorably with cars costing twice as much, and which helped develop a $400,000 car that sold out before it was even available.

Improving efficiency and cutting waste is always good, as long as one person's "waste" isn't my idea of a perfect vehicle!

At least he's not out there talking about selling the most volume. That's always a recipe for disaster.

-T

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was really getting paranoid about cars driving themselves, and the possibility of me having that enjoyment taken away...then as i was driving to work i realized i’ll be dead before that shit hits Arkansas full force...

We don’t have inspections, lots of the cars here barely make it down the road. Is the govt gonna hand these people that cant afford a stray cat or pee in their own recliners for lack of caring...a brand new electric self driving vehicle??

What about the dump truck drivers that love busting my windshields?? These things are about to fall apart, seriously, you can see shit falling off them...actual car parts, rocks, dirt...etc

Now i do feel for those of you in NY/Cali, you’ll see it first

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was really getting paranoid about cars driving themselves, and the possibility of me having that enjoyment taken away...then as i was driving to work i realized i’ll be dead before that shit hits Arkansas full force...

We don’t have inspections, lots of the cars here barely make it down the road. Is the govt gonna hand these people that cant afford a stray cat or pee in their own recliners for lack of caring...a brand new electric self driving vehicle??

What about the dump truck drivers that love busting my windshields?? These things are about to fall apart, seriously, you can see shit falling off them...actual car parts, rocks, dirt...etc

Oh yes, its coming. I just took this photo in San Fran the other day.

picture.jpg

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Idiots will be throwing themselves in front of these cars and trying to sue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
Stop making cars like the 350 and I will no longer be a ford man.

Oh and yes, I will make good on that threat.

Bless me father, for I have sinned...... I oogled over a ZL1 1LE that I saw in San Jose that looked nice and sounded great. Reading the reviews, ford better answer. Deep down, I know they are going to kick ass in Daytona this year where they got thier ass kicked last year.

Don't answer the call ford and I go elsewhere.

Oh, and I'll take the fat middle car business with me.
I am guessing thou you will hang on to those 2 R's praise the lord!

OP
OP

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
Ford Performance cars are very profitable for Ford and you will not be seeing them go away any time soon. A focus sedan or Fiesta sedan? Say good bye to those.
I hope you are right but the new top dogs are usually cutting and slashing and following the herd is way to go. I wonder if any higher ups at Ford follow these forums would be interesting to know if the gt 350 in its limited numbers and cost of development actually puts any $ to the bottom line

OP
OP

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe

read this month car and driver the technology is hear the liability issues are not yet worked out welcome to the future

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I continue to believe that the GT500 will have a 650HP turbo from the GT and two 70HP motors on the front wheels run by a battery where the back seat would normally be. If they make THAT, I'll buy one. It'll be light and fast as h**l.
It would be heavier than the current car. The 3.5l Eco and the 5.0l are pretty close in weight. Adding two electric motors, battery pack, and controls will bump the weight up quite a bit. Well over 4k.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
The 1987 Probe was supposed to be the Mustangs replacement. Car enthusiast united and told ford to get bent if they tried that. Hope we don't have go through that again.
Sponsored