Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Yep, still not sure on the hood but it does seem a nice aggressive front splitter and the car a touch lower seems to make a world of difference.

My guess is due to the more sleek/aggressive styling it kind of looks all out of place on a car at standard height with the standard front splitter, the ride height and splitter need to be more inline with the more aggressive looks so it fits together.

I shall be ordering the PP2 splitter once available and need to decide if I want the PP2 spoiler or the lovely GT 350 one. Looks like levvitown is gonne be getting a nice order from me next month, so far:
- PP2 splitter
- GT 350 track spoiler
- 3M black side decals
- GT 350 lowering springs
- GT 350 anti-roll bars (MAYBE)
- FRPP oil separator (need to confirm which one fits)
- GT 350R brake kit

I've already got my SCT X4, K&N filter ready and will probably grab another set of Ispiri wheels.

That should see the car looking and stanced the way I want.

In short I am aiming for a GT 350 styled MY18, but of course a much quicker car due to the A10 and extra torque.
Not that you've given it any thought.... ;)

If I were to get one, I'd have to go the same route. I think you've nailed it - the standard height etc makes it look unhappy. Lower and "splittered" and it looks evil... and hoods can be changed. Ours has NO vents, so anything has to be better.

Getting better....
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not that you've given it any thought.... ;)

If I were to get one, I'd have to go the same route. I think you've nailed it - the standard height etc makes it look unhappy. Lower and "splittered" and it looks evil... and hoods can be changed. Ours has NO vents, so anything has to be better.

Getting better....

Actually though its hard to tell, but it looks like PP2 is using an upper grill that is very similar in design to MY15, could just be lighting on photos but the upper grill does look different.

I need to add that on my list as well. :D

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yep, still not sure on the hood but it does seem a nice aggressive front splitter and the car a touch lower seems to make a world of difference.

My guess is due to the more sleek/aggressive styling it kind of looks all out of place on a car at standard height with the standard front splitter, the ride height and splitter need to be more inline with the more aggressive looks so it fits together.

I shall be ordering the PP2 splitter once available and need to decide if I want the PP2 spoiler or the lovely GT 350 one. Looks like levvitown is gonne be getting a nice order from me next month, so far:
- PP2 splitter
- GT 350 track spoiler
- 3M black side decals
- GT 350 lowering springs
- GT 350 anti-roll bars (MAYBE)
- FRPP oil separator (need to confirm which one fits)
- GT 350R brake kit

I've already got my SCT X4, K&N filter ready and will probably grab another set of Ispiri wheels.

That should see the car looking and stanced the way I want.

In short I am aiming for a GT 350 styled MY18, but of course a much quicker car due to the A10 and extra torque.
Good list

Few on there I was planning on getting myself (just not all at once).

Also, unless I’m missing something (not the first time) but the upper grill looks the same to me

Front splitter looks great.

I’m not a big fan of spoilers, but the understated PP2 splitter looks good and obviously functional.

I think the GT350 lowering springs are a given and will be my first mod (along with dual over the top stripes)

Last edited:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Pics for reference added
38A94583-8890-4C1F-95DB-974B49CE56FE.jpeg
EDB7A100-F934-4DB1-87E6-768E766361D3.jpeg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've seen images that have no fangs and I've seen car videos that show no fangs.

Check this video:

Can just make the fangs out, so it does seem they are standard but the gloss finish seems to hide them.

Basically the grill should be matt black like MY15 because then you can see the detail better, its why I also dislike gloss black wheels with a passion because from 25ft away they just look like blobs and you cannot see the wheel design at all and the gloss black grill on MY18 just makes it look like a big empty whole, hence catfish look. Spray it matt/satin black will look much better.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a trick of the light I suppose.

At the 2 mile long Grattan Raceway this pp2 was 3.5 seconds faster than the pp1. Not bad for an extra $1,500 in the States.

Most of that will be from the tyre alone. At Donnington which was 1.4 miles going from MPSS to cup's got me nearly 2s a lap in the M3, needless to say on a 2m stretch its a solid 1.5-2s

The rest will come from mag ride, springs and swaybars.

Remember you can spec mag ride here in UK, you can fit stickier tyres if you wish though in a road car I do not recommend it as driving the 911 and M3 on cups in the wet was interesting to say the least. Of course swaybars and firmer springs help keep the car flatter on track.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
You can't spec anything yet. Are we actually sure Ford will bring the MY18 to the UK. I smell a rat. :ninja:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't spec anything yet. Are we actually sure Ford will bring the MY18 to the UK. I smell a rat. :ninja:
Mine is ordered and I have a build date. :)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Mine is ordered and I have a build date. :)
So the order must be in Vista - or whatever they are using now. But there is no launch date, and no price. What a way to run a company. :shrug: What's your build date?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the order must be in Vista - or whatever they are using now. But there is no launch date, and no price. What a way to run a company. :shrug: What's your build date?

Those who have ordered contact their dealer and they can provide such info along with chassis number etc. if its entered build process.

I am not fussed about dates or pricing, as long as the price is out for when my car arrives I am happy, I've told my dealership I do not want the car registered until March 1st and I will collect then with clear instructions again of no plates to be fixed on the car and no washing of the vehicle which is all understood and I know they will do it spot on as its a good dealer.

MikeR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Convertible Auto Magnetic Euro PP Custom Pk
Those rear wheel arches look to stick out a bit more on the pp2?
The only visual cues on a car outfitted with the new Performance Pack Level 2 are black detailing on the splitter and spoiler, the tire spat on the back edge of the rear wheel wells and the 10-spoke Dark Tarnish wheels, which are exclusive.