Sponsored

EU specs / options / schedule

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
put your standard ones back on and give/sell me the blue ones it'll match my fastest colour car :)
Good idea that, haha! :headbang:
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still got clear tail light lenses and handbrake on the 'wrong' side. Not that that would put me off - it'll be the price that does that! If it were similarly priced, I would be tempted for the active exhaust alone.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good idea that, haha! :headbang:
Just replace them with some small caps for the valve covers... weight reduction at it's finest. Strip off your wrapped bits, those heavy as fuck rear brakes and you're good to go, not to forget the extra weight in your fog lights now, you're practically driving a lorry :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Its not actually the same engine is it though?? [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] It has DI, higher compression, larger valves, larger bores, higher capacity, dual mass flywheel, plastic sump and metal sprayed cylinder walls.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its not actually the same engine is it though?? [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] It has DI, higher compression, larger valves, larger bores, higher capacity, dual mass flywheel, plastic sump and metal sprayed cylinder walls.
Its still the Coyote yes, but with all the upgrades you mention. Also don't upset Ford, the sump is composite. ;)

But the Coyote is getting a much bigger overhaul than expected.

The intake manifold is also new, its a new design for better power up top with no loss of torque, but its not the 350 IM, but similar.

The induction tube is also thicker as well.

In short it should rev faster, not be so lazy, have more torque, have more power and just a lot more oooomph but whilst being more economical, win win. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK spec RHD, DRL's are active!!!!!! :)))))

[ame]

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Good to see they have at least listened to critique on the DRLs.

The more I see it, the more I like it (or should I say, the less I dislike it).

The more sloping front etc I can quite get on with, but I dont think ill ever really approve of the more complicated lines of the headlights, or that fake 'dimple/cutout' on the underside. It just seems like styling for stylings sake.

And I still think old man magnetic will be the colour to have on the 18+ cars too..... certainly looks the most convincing in the press photos.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Good to see they have at least listened to critique on the DRLs.

Sorry has zero to do with Listening, the 15 Euro was all about saving money, putting the car out at the cheapest price they could, and cutting out a lot of the goodies. now they have seem how popular they are all over the planet, the toys are back in and the price will be way dearer :eyebulge:

the 18 can be sold all over the world with the same hood, only difference with be the steering wheel of course :D
and the back lights as they are illegal

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
MY18+ model on Belgian plates in Europe.

Heading to the IAA.
FB_IMG_1504256425411.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More importantly, WITH DRLS WORKING!
Well its being known they are active for sometime now, you just like to not believe. :D

Gotta admit the new headlights look gorgeous, am guessing they are maybe glass instead of plastic, or its just the effect of using LED's instead of reflectors but they look lovely.

Still not sure on the front bumper and hood, having looked more closely at the MY18 hood, I am disliking it, its lost the power bulge of MY15, not overly worried as there will be plenty of aftermarket hoods available way before UK cars start being delivered anyway.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well its being known they are active for sometime now, you just like to not believe. :D

Gotta admit the new headlights look gorgeous, am guessing they are maybe glass instead of plastic, or its just the effect of using LED's instead of reflectors but they look lovely.

Still not sure on the front bumper and hood, having looked more closely at the MY18 hood, I am disliking it, its lost the power bulge of MY15, not overly worried as there will be plenty of aftermarket hoods available way before UK cars start being delivered anyway.
I still don't believe, was promised too much with the 550.1 so 550.2 I don't believe until I see it lol. For all I know that 550.2 is a US spec on Belgian plates (lololol)

I think most new cars use plastic rather than glass, it'll just be HID LEDs

I wonder if you could retro fit 550.1 Fenders, hood and bumper to a 550.2? :shrug:

Last edited:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wonder if you could retro fit 550.1 Fenders, hood and bumper to a 550.2? :shrug:
That wouldn't accommodate the headlights, so you'd be back to square one with the DTRLs.
Sponsored