Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It is an improvement over previous years, but not nearly as sexy as the GT350 quad diffuser IMHO.

I just like the look of the faux diffuser fins I guess. I have the RTR panel on mine now, and it is pure sexy.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Something I noticed in one of the AM vids, looks like on the 2018 (GT PP pictured) that they switched to the GT350 style rear LCAs, where the spring seat is mirrored on the passenger side. The regular 2015-2017 rear LCA spring seats are asymmetrical so the same spring can be used from left to right.

Guess that means that all existing rear springs will need to be updated with a passenger side version at the very least.

Hopefully, two driver side springs from the PP2 will work for those of us with first gen S550's that might want to switch to that spring spec.

2018-s550-spring-seat-diff.jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Something I noticed in one of the AM vids, looks like on the 2018 (GT PP pictured) that they switched to the GT350 style rear LCAs, where the spring seat is mirrored on the passenger side. The regular 2015-2017 rear LCA spring seats are asymmetrical so the same spring can be used from left to right.

Guess that means that all existing rear springs will need to be updated with a passenger side version at the very least.

Hopefully, two driver side springs from the PP2 will work for those of us with first gen S550's that might want to switch to that spring spec.

Is it a magneride car?

One of the review videos stated cars optioned with magneride also get other suspension updates such as GT 350 wheel bearings, 350 hubs etc. So maybe its a mag ride car?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Is it a magneride car?

One of the review videos stated cars optioned with magneride also get other suspension updates such as GT 350 wheel bearings, 350 hubs etc. So maybe its a mag ride car?
I guess this confirms that any GT350 springs (from Ford or aftermarket) will be a direct fit on the Magneride optioned car

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Springs

I guess this confirms that any GT350 springs (from Ford or aftermarket) will be a direct fit on the Magneride optioned car
Depends on Package

PP1 cars are not lowered like PP2 Cars, so springs may be different.

PP2 Cars May be using the 350 Springs. Lower Control Arms are 350 though, with Counterwound Springs.

Magneride is different than 350 with a few more options, I think, to make it more street-able. Different Settings for PP1 and PP2?

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Depends on Package

PP1 cars are not lowered like PP2 Cars, so springs may be different.

PP2 Cars May be using the 350 Springs. Lower Control Arms are 350 though, with Counterwound Springs.

Magneride is different than 350 with a few more options, I think, to make it more street-able. Different Settings for PP1 and PP2?
Sorry, I meant when changing the springs for aftermarket, any that fit the Gt350 will also fit the Magneride optioned GTs

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, that information was included in the Ford Performance press release when they announced the PP2.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Between the Bullitt and PP2 either way I have to wait till next year.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
for the ecoboost fans, not commentary , you can see the digital dash in action

[ame]

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
for the ecoboost fans, not commentary , you can see the digital dash in action

I can understand why Ford wouldn't want the EB any louder in base cars but they should have included a better exhaust in the EB PP.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is it a magneride car?
Guess the front knuckle going GT350 style is official. Anyone find the new part numbers in the system for these? Or did they just use the exact GT350 part numbers?

2:55 seconds in on TFL review
Mag ride cars get GT350 front knuckle.
As we have already seen they get the rear counter wound GT350 springs.

Knuckle is expected for track. The current GT knuckles are not stiff enough for track compound tires and resulting maximum brake forces. The caliper mounts allow some twist of the caliper and pads in relation to the rotors (causes overheating of pad edges and loss of flat pad interface w rotor).
<link to old brake failure testing post>.

Can anyone confirm with pictures:
2018 GT, PP1, magride =? GT350 style front knuckle
2018 GT, non PP, NO magride =? 15-17 GT cast steel front knuckle

Will a 2018 GT Premium magride (but no PP) =? GT350 style front knuckle?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Is it a magneride car?

Yes, that's a GT PP with MagneRide.

This is the video that screen cap is from: [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]M8fQee4nzwM[/MEDIA]"]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Negative, grasshopper. Those springs are would the same way like the 15-17 non Shelby cars. Notice how the coils are the same...

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Guess the front knuckle going GT350 style is official. Anyone find the new part numbers in the system for these? Or did they just use the exact GT350 part numbers?

2:55 seconds in on TFL review
Mag ride cars get GT350 front knuckle.
As we have already seen they get the rear counter wound GT350 springs.

Knuckle is expected for track. The current GT knuckles are not stiff enough for track compound tires and resulting maximum brake forces. The caliper mounts allow some twist of the caliper and pads in relation to the rotors (causes overheating of pad edges and loss of flat pad interface w rotor).
<link to old brake failure testing post>.

Can anyone confirm with pictures:
2018 GT, PP1, magride =? GT350 style front knuckle
2018 GT, non PP, NO magride =? 15-17 GT cast steel front knuckle

Will a 2018 GT Premium magride (but no PP) =? GT350 style front knuckle?
I posted in another thread earlier this evening that according to Carl Widmann, Mustang chief engineer, the 18 PP with MagneRide uses the GT 350 front bearing and a bigger front knuckle than the non- MagneRide versions. He does not say that the knuckle is the GT 350 version, only the bearing. In a video earlier this year Carl said that both the bearing and the Knuckle were stronger but didn't mention GT350 for either part.

Due to other differences with the GT350 front suspension my guess is that the MagneRide knuckle is a beefed up version of the normal knuckle which incorporates the GT350 bearing (as Carl said).
Sponsored