Sponsored

Help identifying annoying sound

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
There have a been a couple threads on this that pop up every once in a while (didn't check, but maybe linked above).

I have a similar issue, and have had it since the car was new. One person said that it is common for the brakes to make a noise like this.

I also noticed that if the lug nuts aren't fully torqued, I can get a similar sound from my right from wheel.

My left front wheel makes the clicking noise even right after I torque the lugs.

I'm not convinced its the brakes, but the car feels fine and I don't hear or feel any rumbling from the wheel, so I don't think anything is wrong with the wheel bearings.

I've seen other cases where the issue was related to the CV joint on the rear of the car. A dust boot had torn and let out a bunch of the grease.

I just live with the noise on my car, but will likely have it looked at by a dealership before my warranty expires (or not, depending on how lazy I'm feeling).

-T
Sponsored

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
There have a been a couple threads on this that pop up every once in a while (didn't check, but maybe linked above).

I have a similar issue, and have had it since the car was new. One person said that it is common for the brakes to make a noise like this.

I also noticed that if the lug nuts aren't fully torqued, I can get a similar sound from my right from wheel.

My left front wheel makes the clicking noise even right after I torque the lugs.

I'm not convinced its the brakes, but the car feels fine and I don't hear or feel any rumbling from the wheel, so I don't think anything is wrong with the wheel bearings.

I've seen other cases where the issue was related to the CV joint on the rear of the car. A dust boot had torn and let out a bunch of the grease.

I just live with the noise on my car, but will likely have it looked at by a dealership before my warranty expires (or not, depending on how lazy I'm feeling).

-T
Well said, Mine also got quieter when I retorqued the front wheels but is still noticeable. I too am not sure it's the brakes either but I don't know what else it could be. I learned to live with it until I can upgrade to an R. Mine never did it for the first 5000 miles then it never quit.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Just came back from the gas station and noticed the sound occurs between 5 and 20 mph, pressing brakes does not change the sound and seems to be emanating from the driveshaft tunnel. The flap sound increases in frequency with vehicle speed not engine speed.

Accel Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, R32 GTR, Fiesta ST
I've got the same problem. Lower speeds steering wheel turned. Sounds like it is coming from the rear wheel areas but I haven't taken it for a spin in a few weeks to confirm. First noticed it on a right hand turn slightly uphill inside my neighborhood.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Same issue from mine, I checked the axle to hub bolt, 150'lbs plus 1/8th turn. All good, noise still there, checked torque on lugs, all good. No idea what it is. Everything seems to be good.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Weird, the sound has now disappeared after a day of autox.
Sponsored