Sponsored

GT350 Gauge Cluster Thread

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So after two plus years I finally got the chance to purchase a 350 cluster and hopefully will be able to swap it in. Will get pics once it comes and and will update it once I can get it installed.

Update 1-xx-2018

Cluster is installed and works great.
24883347_1982791688403668_3948917287961669410_o.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Should come in Saturday. Does anyone have experience swapping newer clusters like this? Do you need a VIN or something?

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
I believe there is some programming involved. A dealership should be able to flash your car's mileage to the cluster. Personally, I'd try to take the clusters apart and see if you can transfer the gauge faces from the new one to the old one - no programming needed that way.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I just made a video since all the photo sharing sites suck nowadays and the pics will just break after a while. Local dealer to me says they don't program them but some place in PA does. That would mean it would be hard to swap if the dealers do not do it themselves. If anyone has any information or knowledge I could use it please!

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I believe there is some programming involved. A dealership should be able to flash your car's mileage to the cluster. Personally, I'd try to take the clusters apart and see if you can transfer the gauge faces from the new one to the old one - no programming needed that way.
Might be an option though RPM/MPH are different so swapping out just the faces may not work I just do not know. Also would like the digital speedo but overall I don't really want to start butchering the clusters up.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Pardon my ignorance but other than the 9k tach and 220 mph speedo what else does a GT350 gauge cluster get you?

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Pardon my ignorance but other than the 9k tach and 220 mph speedo what else does a GT350 gauge cluster get you?
I love the look of the GT350 cluster over the stock cluster which is terrible in my opinion. One of my favorite things about cars in general is the gauge cluster and I just do not like the regular S550 cluster. Also has the digital speedo as well which it not the biggest of deals because I have the nGauge but it would be nice to have it on the cluster itself because then I could move it to one of the vents instead. I think there were a few additional readouts but its impossible to know what will carry over to a non-GT350 car. And when I do my NA build I can watch that sucker climb all the way up :cheers: (the real reason is I want to be a poser and pretend I have a GT350 :eek: ).

Sponsored
OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Okay very good news.

I put the cluster into the car today. Everything works and the car turned on. It has all of the information minus the axle temp and the RPM gauge is accurate as I was able to check it with the nGauge so chances are the MPH will be accurate too I am hoping. The digital speedometer shows up like it should. I did not drive the car so I do not know otherwise how things will work since the miles are completely off and did not want to move it with the GT350 cluster in it. Swapping back and worth between the clusters did not effect anything otherwise from what I can see. I need to find a dealer that can change the miles and whatever else to mine and it should be good to go hopefully.

Last edited:

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Where did you order the cluster from?

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Where did you order the cluster from?
Bought it used on eBay first used one to hit the market as far as I am aware since the 350s don’t get parted out. But changing the mileage via Ford might not be possible due to the actual process they use. It seems you cant just go into the dealer and have them change everything and drive off. I got some info and some 3rd party places that might be able to change it though. Still looking into things but haven’t had much time over the past couple of days.

I also found out some more things which I will share soon. Someone seems to have done the swap already but with a new ordered cluster. I’m going to ask them if they want to share the information since so many people have been interested in the swap.

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
This is so cool. Love this idea. I didn't even realize that the GT350 gets a digital speedometer.

Really curious about your final results once you get mileage uploaded to the new cluster. Good luck!
Sponsored