Sponsored

NEW- Auto Trans Shift Knob

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Thanks so much for the pics, I agree that it looks a little tall. I wonder how hard it would be to cut it down a little. Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics, much appreciated.
Sponsored

TT15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT
Thundersteel- We have no plans of making a T-handle.

We will however be doing one with a momentary switch for a line-loc, trans brake, nitrous etc..
I would def be interested in one with a switch in it

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
add another for the t handle. no offense, but all the ball style (and even the stock) looks like to me is somebody trying to hide the fact they own an auto. t handle fits the character of the car better imo.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Like these. Definitely in for one with a switch as well.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excuse the quick low quality cell phone pic.
Something like this? Except with the Coyote logo reading normal left to right, and the right side of the grip chamfered and angled to match the left side?
That would look great!

Sponsored

TT15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT
IMG_1735.JPG

Now this would look killer

OP
OP

BARTON INDUSTRIES

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Bartonshifters.com
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The over all height has to be that tall because of the way the factory mechanism activates, however, ours is about 3/8's of an inch lower than stock. We are working on adding a momentary switch option to all the knob choices.

TT15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT
The over all height has to be that tall because of the way the factory mechanism activates, however, ours is about 3/8's of an inch lower than stock. We are working on adding a momentary switch option to all the knob choices.
So no switch on the pistol grip? Geuss i will just order one now then.

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
As promised, I have a few pictures. I'm not 100% sure if I love it yet. Looks better than the stock shifter, but I may pick up the pistol grip shifter and put that on. Quality product though, much better than the White Madness shifter I briefly had.

Looks like you have your's for about a month. I just installed mine today and it's seems to be a little tight moving into gear from Park and getting back into Park. I figured it will probably wear in a little with time. Did you have a similar experience? By the way the shaft had a lot of lube in it when I received it so I was a little surprised with this. Other than this install was easy. will post some pics in a couple of days.

Update. changed the top cap as the original was missing the engraving, but Dave @ Barton send me a new one. Did a little adjustment and now it works fine. Feel very nice in my hand and might appear as high as the original, but feels lower and better
Barton Shifter.jpg

Last edited:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The movement is certainly different from stock shifter to the barton. It does take more effort, since you have to actively push down to engage the shifter. Other than that, i haven't noticed it being overly tight. Maybe the few times I haven't pushed down all the way.

Perhaps Barton can comment more on it.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I have the white madness garage shifter. What I like about it is how much lower it sits than the stock shifter. This one seems to be about as high as the stock shifter.

I would like to see a t handle conversion kit though.
I agree. I was hoping that it would be shorter. I did take measurements before and after and its only about 1/4" shorter. Not enough IMO. Love the build quality and look...but the shaft needs to be a lot shorter.
2017-09-19 20.01.43 (Medium).jpg
2017-09-19 20.25.08 (Medium).jpg

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Installed this shifter using the stick shift boot. I think it gives it a much cleaner look and I was able to get a white stitching boot to match my seats.

Initial opinions:
Operates smooth and easy. When putting the car in S and racing, stomp on the gas and then slap it into D, more than 50% of the time it would slip past D and into N. This is problematic if you race your car this way. After playing with my shift techniques I was able to get less misses into D, but it still happens. Not sure if heavier springs will help as the side effect will be harder operation getting the car out of park. I have since swapped back my stock shifter to ensure no lost races.

-CMY
DSC_0795 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0798 (Medium).JPG

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no the dreaded mt -82 tie strap... no thanks!... lol

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Installed this shifter using the stick shift boot. I think it gives it a much cleaner look and I was able to get a white stitching boot to match my seats.

Initial opinions:
Operates smooth and easy. When putting the car in S and racing, stomp on the gas and then slap it into D, more than 50% of the time it would slip past D and into N. This is problematic if you race your car this way. After playing with my shift techniques I was able to get less misses into D, but it still happens. Not sure if heavier springs will help as the side effect will be harder operation getting the car out of park. I have since swapped back my stock shifter to ensure no lost races.

-CMY

You can move the shifter from S to D without pushing down on the shifter. You cannot move the shifter from D to N without pushing down.

There is a notched cam mechanism that prevents movement unless the interior shaft is pressed down. This double shaft design is why both Barton, Hurst and WMG are all designed the way they are. Simple engineering without changing the factory shaft.

I'd definitely like to see some real engineering done to replace or modify the double shaft to allow for a proper low profile T-shifter.

It'll never happen though.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
How do I order? Your site doesnt seem to allow me to a products page?
Sponsored