Sponsored

So, where are the V6 reviews?

aardvark

Yeah, yeah, I know. The V6 is just for cheapskates and rental fleets...

Or, maybe, just maybe, Ford is afraid that some reviewer might actually prefer it to the Ecoboost and say so?? Can't let that happen now, can we? :thumbdown:
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I think that is exactly what they are afraid of and why they didn't offer a premium trim. As some commentaries have said if you can get near the same MPG and have a NA engine a long with at least a peace of mind of an engine that has been around, then many would pick the V6.

Ford is trying to get the EB sold for 1 reason. CAFE. That's it.

If I knew for a FACT that I could get aftermarket parts that gave me all the premium features (the heated and cooled seats, premium trim, and sync/drive modes) then I would buy a V6 and throw the money into those so I could have a V6 premium.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I thought I remembered one of the magazines or sites saying they tested one. Thought it might have been Autoblog?

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Because Ford wants to sell EcoBoost Mustangs to consumers who don't want a GT. I would be surprised to see a base V6 model in 2016-2017 after they prove out the EcoBoost and shift that demographic to the Eco.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
When the ecoboost came out, ford said they intend for 90% of their production to be turbo small displacement motors (with Mustang v8 being the major non-conversion). That won't happen by continuing to push the v6. Build it for fleets and the occasional Hugh school girl but hide it in the back of the lot. Its been the plan for 3-4 years now.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
V6 now serves one purpose, the "foot in the door" MSRP listing. That's it. I guess rental fleets is its lesser purpose.

When customers who just want a Mustang at the cheapest price arrive at the dealer who advertised the "starting at" MSRP, most will be herded over to the EB and sold on its superior offerings. I think I read some Ford insiders had stated the V6 initially wasn't going to even be offered but they wanted the lower MSRP and to appeal to a segment of the base model American buyers who might be suspicious of the 4.The writing is on the wall, the NA v6 is on borrowed time, I doubt it will survive the first major refresher this generation

Personally if I were in the market I'd get a GT but if that wasn't an option due to costs, I'd get an EB because I like the technology and the concept of what it's all about in terms of being a relatively efficient every day car or a car with some power that can be tuned.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Doubt the v6 will be pushed out... If anything I bet you ford is wanting to push out the 5.0 in favor of a 3.7 ecoboost v6, but can't for obvious reasons.... I agree with OP though.. I much would rather have a PP V6 model over a 4...

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Ford, send V6 out for media review please.

If (some) media reviews are in favor of V6 over EB, what will Ford lose? If Ford is concerned with CAFE, remember there are V8.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or, maybe, just maybe, Ford is afraid that some reviewer might actually prefer it to the Ecoboost and say so?
That wouldn't surprise me. Especially since they got rid of that horrible 2.73 rear. Some people might prefer a nice 51A over a base EB.

Sponsored

SlickShoes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Those pining for a V6 review are in luck.

You can score one for an entire weekend to review yourself for about 50 bucks per day in about a week or two from now. :lol:

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
:tsk: that's cold but true

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Or, maybe, just maybe, Ford is afraid that some reviewer might actually prefer it to the Ecoboost and say so?? Can't let that happen now, can we? :thumbdown:
Ding, Ding, Ding! The 3.7 is a great motor, even despite its slight power loss. If one were wanting to mod their mustangs anyway, a base v6 is a great place to start over the EB. The aftermarket support is already out there and everything is base, so you have no problem swapping it out. If I were in a budget crunch and still wanted a stang, I'd consider it. Transmission is the same, so you're good there. Swap out the rear gears, tweak the suspension, throw F/I on the motor and hoon. If you're feeling real adventurous, swap out to MyFord Touch and have leather seats made or add factory Recaros.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Doubt the v6 will be pushed out... If anything I bet you ford is wanting to push out the 5.0 in favor of a 3.7 ecoboost v6, but can't for obvious reasons.... I agree with OP though.. I much would rather have a PP V6 model over a 4...

I know business plans change, but this goes 180 degrees against what ford themselves (in interviews) stated when the ecoboost debuted.

Anything other than what I stated above is pure speculation. Ford has made public it's plans for the future.
Sponsored