500-550rwhp n/a Daily.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Mine 2! You can get to 500+ NA...but get your checkbook out, I can tell you from personal experience it's more expensive to try and get 500 hp NA than it is to get to 600+ hp FI. Just do your research and know what your getting into. You can get more hp for less dollars going FI

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
That's a lot of money and work to get you to 500 rwhp. I can understand wanting to stay NA, I was planning to do the same shortly after buying my car. But after researching FI threads I couldn't ignore the bang-for-the-buck HP you get from a supercharger. There's a bunch out there with a wide price range that will easily get you into the 600's with no issues.

Think about it.... :)

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=18374]Boosted5.0_NY[/MENTION] I couldn't agree with you more....if your getting ready to spend 10k I think one should consider all options!!! You have good advice. THINK ABOUT IT! figure out what you wanna do and go for it!

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
^^^^ I completely agree with Boosted 5.0 & Saywhen, I wanted to go the NA route, and I can afford it, but I feel more comfortable just going FI, I like to make my money stretch.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
N2O.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Why does every NA thread turn into OMG you could make eleventybillion more hp with FI.........

:headbonk::frusty:
Because it's the fact coming from somebody who has been there done that. I'm just laying out the facts so the OP can make an informed decision. You can buy a couple parts for a NA build and the next thing you know...."uh oh, I'm in 5 grand deep and have a couple more grand to go to try and hit 500 hp" not including labor, when you could just go with a procharger or whipple and have more hp for less money and labor to get it done. The naturally aspirated route is DEFINITELY not the most economical route to persue for the most bang for your buck. Some people may not realize that before they get in over their head. Not everyone has built cars before...

OP
OP
5Oh_Trey

5Oh_Trey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium (PP)
Vehicle Showcase
Naturally Aspirated, not Nitrous Armed... yet ;)

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Because it's the fact coming from somebody who has been there done that. I'm just laying out the facts so the OP can make an informed decision. You can buy a couple parts for a NA build and the next thing you know...."uh oh, I'm in 5 grand deep and have a couple more grand to go to try and hit 500 hp" not including labor, when you could just go with a procharger or whipple and have more hp for less money and labor to get it done. The naturally aspirated route is DEFINITELY not the most economical route to persue for the most bang for your buck. Some people may not realize that before they get in over their head. Not everyone has built cars before...
Ugh. It should be obvious that the cost is drastically different. Of course FI will be better bang for buck.

However NA builds running 10s for example will always be far more impressive IMO than a car with a 10k FI kit that barely runs mid 10s

NA cars can be alot less drama for someone looking to hit say 500whp and not turn it into a track whore or be chasing a dyno# or time slip.

If people are concerned about the end cost to make XXX hp nothing comes close to a cheap paxton kit on E85.

I just think NA cars should be viewed entirely different and NOT compared to FI cars.

With that being said I will make 1 exception.

For people trying ring out an all motor setup and use that as a building block for FI down the road.

Example the people making 500whp NA would be great canidates for a centri blower they are relatively inexpensive compared to the root/screw/tvs blower or turbo kits and should not require changing intake manifolds either.

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
^^^very well put. :thumbsup:

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
My personal opinion on this would be add a full catless exhaust, a CJ top end kit,47lb injectors and a solid tune. See how you like that. Adding cams is expensive and I would do alot of research if you really want to take an NA build that far. You might be happy with the way the car drives with just those mods. I've seen CJ cars from as low as 430rwhp to as high as 470+rwhp. Hope this was of some help! Good luck as I am stuck right now on what the next move for my car is!!

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My personal opinion on this would be add a full catless exhaust, a CJ top end kit,47lb injectors and a solid tune. See how you like that. Adding cams is expensive and I would do alot of research if you really want to take an NA build that far. You might be happy with the way the car drives with just those mods. I've seen CJ cars from as low as 430rwhp to as high as 470+rwhp. Hope this was of some help! Good luck as I am stuck right now on what the next move for my car is!!
I agree...

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I will chime in. I love my NA setup! It drives like stock until about 5K then you feel it really kick in. I'm having new clutch and WOT box installed today to prepare for BG. I'm going to stick to NA for a bit. I highly recommend it. I don't need boost until the motor is ready.:thumbsup:

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It can be done no doubt, but it isn't going to be the cheapest build. You can easily get a stage 1 or 2 Whipple kit with their base tune with no other mods and easily hit 600+rwhp, plus the whine that blower makes is amazing! lol! Let me know if you are interested in any pricing and I could get you hooked up with a killer deal!
Sponsored