Sponsored

Check out my baby beading water like a duck. CQUARTZ ftw!

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I'll stick with Meguires Carnuba wax every few months. I washed it today for the first time in about four months. Water still beads like the OP's car. It probably isn't a fair test, since my car is garaged and only driven once or twice per week when it is usually dry and sunny, so I would expect good results with simple wax. Also it isn't exposed salt or ice, so I'm sure that makes a difference also.
Sponsored

DrChemE Hog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus wax last night. Took a lot of work but definitely helped bring a nice shine to the car.
IMG_20170910_122832-800x600.jpg

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I used Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus wax last night. Took a lot of work but definitely helped bring a nice shine to the car.
Sparkly white!:clap2:

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
After reading all 4 pages, it seems to come down to preference and cost. For me, it depends what this local well reviewed shop is going to charge for their "New Car Special". It includes paint correction, CQuartz, and clear bra, I may do it if we're talking no more than $500. If not, forget it. I'll stick to my dude, "fluffy", who will wash and hand wax for $50. I can do that every few months instead.

My last vehicle was a black Tundra. That thing was a pain to keep clean. I just used fluffy every few months and kept the paint up nice.

We'll see what this, "New Car Special", is all about from this shop.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Coating is nice if you want something that lasts. Wax even the good ones only last about 3 months max.
As for beading, there might be some difference where wax would bead bigger where coating is much more hydrophobic so the beads are smaller.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
With Wax youll still get caustic bird shit! With Ceramic Coatings...it'll rinse off. Still your choice. I'll actually crap my pants if he'll do it for $500 !! It is pretty labor intensive! Either way, your car, your Dead Presidents, your choice!

hey...segway...any of those statues taken down on your bills???

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
With Wax youll still get caustic bird shit! With Ceramic Coatings...it'll rinse off. Still your choice. I'll actually crap my pants if he'll do it for $500 !! It is pretty labor intensive! Either way, your car, your Dead Presidents, your choice!

hey...segway...any of those statues taken down on your bills???
Wiping it off as soon as possible is the key.
If you let it sit it will still etch even with ceramic coating.
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/66778-opti-coat-bird-poo-fail.html

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
If I could go back, I woukd have done a ceramic. Just my detail was about 80% defect removal. I have put just a few spider lines in it from my washing already. Also friends and family also dont understand black paint isnt to be touched.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I found out I already have some kind of Zaktak coating from the dealer. However I was not ready for the full front clear bra price of $1895!!!!

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I'm sorry, but I agree that it looks no better than a proper sealant/wax. To me, all these new ceramic coating and such always look hazy.
Into 5 months with my Black Stang... CQuartz'd UK finish......deep, deep gloss finish....no haze....no swirls!! I use ECHO2 as a detail spray...kicks it up another notch! Been raining here last couple of days....just rinsed off and wiped down with micro fibre cloths!! Done and clean! Absolute best thing I ever did!!

The finish is like glass...I urge people to run their fingers over it! They cant believe the finish!! If they are Hazy....they didn't do it right!!

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Into 5 months with my Black Stang... CQuartz'd UK finish......deep, deep gloss finish....no haze....no swirls!! I use ECHO2 as a detail spray...kicks it up another notch! Been raining here last couple of days....just rinsed off and wiped down with micro fibre cloths!! Done and clean! Absolute best thing I ever did!!

The finish is like glass...I urge people to run their fingers over it! They ant believe the finish!! If they are Hazy....they didn't do it right!!
Amen brother! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I should have made the title of this thread beading water like a duck after 6 months of being outside.

No haze on my car.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Picture of my father in laws 2018 Stingray with Opti Coat pro

He has a few more bucks so he paid to have his done.
22046694_1140157149450354_1428653877880867867_n.jpg
Sponsored