UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Exactly!
You mean SS 1LE?
ZL1 is the recently announced 750 hp insanity monster that handles and puts power down...
lol.. bunker... +1
The ZL1 has been out since like 2013. The 1st gen makes 580.
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The ZL1 has been out since like 2013. The 1st gen makes 580.
Ahhh, got it...
I was not counting the previous generations or anything that can not survive a 20 minute session in 95F Texas summer. I have seen several cars crap out to limp in Texas: (2 )ZL1 (previous gens), EVO MR, (2) GT350 Tech pack, Jag F R
Its hard to express tone in a post, but to summarize:
I am sad I can not get Mustang looks with 1SS 1LE performance, trackable warranty, and $42,xxx Out The Door price.
This is in the context of tracking a Mustang this past year and realizing that going anything further than "entertaining" track use and moving into serious TT competitive is more financially biased toward Chevy currently. Any time and money spent on suspension is hard to recover compared to the a 1SS 1LE or a C7GS.
Dont get me wrong, the Stang is fun as all get out roll racing on the street with the Whipple, especially debadged with an eco boost trunk.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Would love to tweak this motor old school style.
Bench flow as many heads as possible and pick the highest/best matched set.
Index the plugs.
Bench test several intakes and pick the best flowing.
Measure the cams and use the ones closest to spec.
Flow test all the injectors. Pick the highest and best matched.
Bench test a bunch of factory air filters. Pick the highest flowing.
Test the O2 sensors and such.......
Much of this I learned with the original 5.0 all the way back in '87.
Wonder how much hp could be gained?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Impossible the 2018 made 430hp with the same intake as the 2015-2017s
The stock intake is very capable and absolutely fine, CAI's do very little for the S550.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The stock intake is very capable and absolutely fine, CAI's do very little for the S550.
The stock intake box on the gen 3 Coyote is not the same as last years. (w/higher compression ratio and two new fuel injection systems). So, I doubt anyone except Ford Racing/Roush to have any type of CAI engineered/designed for the new engine/bay. Additionally, the environment plays a massive role, just not SAE stuff.

Obviously, not every dyno station tests with the same amount of "pressured air" thus, slightly different results as it starves the airbox. A car is designed to be moving forward as it runs. Not all dynometers facilities are created equal. I once overheard (& listened) to Jim Conforti speak of this in detail, at BMW event eons ago.

Plus, nobody really cares about the actual dyno #s, just what kind of plots did they get. (ie: dyno to dyno comparisons don't have much meaning, other than their plot.)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The stock intake box on the gen 3 Coyote is not the same as last years. (w/higher compression ratio and two new fuel injection systems). So, I doubt anyone except Ford Racing/Roush to have any type of CAI engineered/designed for the new engine/bay. Additionally, the environment plays a massive role, just not SAE stuff.

Obviously, not every dyno station tests with the same amount of "pressured air" thus, slightly different results as it starves the airbox. A car is designed to be moving forward as it runs. Not all dynometers facilities are created equal. I once overheard (& listened) to Jim Conforti speak of this in detail, at BMW event eons ago.

Plus, nobody really cares about the actual dyno #s, just what kind of plots did they get. (ie: dyno to dyno comparisons don't have much meaning, other than their plot.)

It is very similar and the 15-17 panel filters fit fine. :)
Sponsored