Sponsored

Clutch Protection / Torque Management - UGLY

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I had read a good bit about this before even buying my '17 V6 6 speed. I've been driving sticks and racing them for 30 years. Not going to lie, figured most of the issues were driver-induced.

Call me a believer now. Took the '17 to the track (drop in aFe filter is the only "mod" besides Boomba shifter, energy suspension shifter bracket bushing and Steeda transmission mount insert). Wanted some baseline numbers since the MPT Tune is on the way, and the 3.55 pumpkin is going in this week.

Runs were made on a 245/45/17 Nitto drag radials I already had. Mounted them on 2 of my stock 17" wheels. Even installed TPMS sensors.

23 psi. 50 ish degrees at track. First launch was easy on purpose to feel the car out. Advance trac disabled. @ 2500RPM. Didn't really slip the clutch just let it out smooth and quick.

Car can take more RPM, figured that. Bogged a tick off the line even.

Hit 2nd gear (not 'speed shifting' or 'no lift' just the same way I've shifted every manual transmission at the track forever) shifted right before redline. Car FELL ON ITS FACE. Thought I bounced the rev limiter. NOPE. 2-3 shift the SAME EXACT thing.

Ran a pitiful 14.7

Only other run (no point without the tune) was a 14.3 @ 96mph. Launched at @ 3K RPM. A BIT of spin but shocked me how good it came out of the hole. Did my best to smooth out clutch release on 1-2 and 2-3 shift. A got a tick of slippage at the rear on 1-2 - car still pulling. 2-3 FELL ON ITS FACE Again.

So yeah - screw the nannies.

MPT 93/91 PRX tune for next week.

On a good note - NO lockout issues on any shift at redline.
Sponsored