Sponsored

ROYAL CRIMSON S550 MUSTANG THREAD

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Wow. Love that color and would love to see more pics. Does it have the sparkly paint flecks in it like Magnetic?

I love red, but for me, Race Red looks too "plastic toy" and Ruby Red looks too vintage to me when not in direct sunlight. This color looks like it may be in my top 3 come this fall...
Yes, it does have metallic flake in it. Next time it's sunny out I'll take some close-up shots of the (burgundy velvet) paint.

In the mean time I have these shots of an Edge Sport in the same color so you guys can see how the paint looks in direct light vs in the shadows.
burgundy_velvet1.jpg
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
god i hate how the car looks, and still wish there was more difference between the ecoboost and GT. I feel like it's watered down the Mustang greatly by having them basically the same visually. I've felt this way ever since 2013 when they all started to look the same. There's no real visual upgrade/incentive from a 20k base model and a 50k top tier GT.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
god i hate how the car looks, and still wish there was more difference between the ecoboost and GT. I feel like it's watered down the Mustang greatly by having them basically the same visually. I've felt this way ever since 2013 when they all started to look the same. There's no real visual upgrade/incentive from a 20k base model and a 50k top tier GT.
I agree from what pictures I've seen both have the hood vents the only difference I see is the grill and the taillight panel.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was there from about Noon to 2:30!

Some elements of the design I like such as the hood but I just can't get over those headlights and bumper. I absolutely hate that cutout in the headlight that serves no purpose. The lower half the bumper is just terrible IMO. Again, it looks like 3-4 different people designed the front end and each had their own vision of what it should look like.
Nail on the head...

I still don't like what they did with the front end at all. This is a nice color, though.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's to red what guard is to green.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I like red and all, but I'm not sure why this color was added so that we have 3 different shades of red now. I might be proven wrong, but it just doesn't look like a color suited for a mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I like red and all, but I'm not sure why this color was added so that we have 3 different shades of red now. I might be proven wrong, but it just doesn't look like a color suited for a mustang.
But you are one person. People like different things. I think the crimson is a better color for the Mustang than Ruby Red is. I like Ruby Red but to me its not a color for the Mustang same as you don't think the Crimson is.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I'd say its the color that will replace Ruby Red after the '18my. I could be wrong but RR has had a fairly long run thus far and I'm guessing Ford is looking at changing things up a bit (just as they did with Kona blue to DIB). Most of the more "flashy" colors don't get carried on like your blacks, whites and silvers do.

Sponsored

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
Same, it looks like a car for an elderly person. But in a good way if that makes sense

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
^^^ beautiful. Great vid too.

I gotta admit, the s550.2 has really grown on me. Cant wait to see it in person.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
[ame]

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
Whoops - sorry guys, didn't find an existing thread for this when I posted it.

Mine is a bone stock GT / PP / 401a / mag ride / active exhaust. I am going to Benchmark Auto Salon on Monday to start with the thing that is probably most intelligent to do first - full front end clear protection and a nice exterior detail and sealant. I will try to get some better photos once that is done.

b2vRs0G.jpg

Zrw7WjA.jpg

MAZf7tE.jpg

1g29HkJ.jpg

COHaESf.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: