Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
That's the kind of thing that makes me question whether I should spend money on a Ford...... I hope I'm not disappointed with problems. I probably should lower my expectations since at its core it's a $25K vehicle (more or less).
Definitely lower your expectations. There is a reason Toyota/Lexus does not make anything comparable for the price. It is what it is.

Make sure to develop a good relationship with your Ford dealer (especially service manager). Christmas gifts are recommended.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Wow that's a pretty amazing mix-up. I guess they still have old tail lights around for GT350 production, but you would think even if it was put on the wrong car on the line, the final inspection person would at least notice it. I guess that was a Friday car...:doh:
More than likely, it had the original taillight but it didn't work, or was broken so it was replaced on FRAP lot, so it could car pool. It probably never got logged, so it never got replaced before leaving FRAP.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I'm supposed to be doing corporate taxes right now. Plus I am so old I can actually go back and time and still get full retirement. But I promised photos if someone was interested, so here goes. And this was the best I could do with bright sunlight and an iPhone 6s Plus. It is what it is:

2018_Mustang_GT_1.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_5.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_4.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_3.jpg

2018_Mustang_GT_2.jpg
Not feeeling the black accent package on black/magnetic/dark car. I think it looks better contrasting a white, red or orange fury car.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
That’s the beauty of a spoiler delete option - you can take it or leave it. Personally I really like it - thought the previous PP cars were missing something sans a spoiler. That’s just me though and now I’m just trying to figure out how Le Mans stripes are going to work with the center pedestal ;)

Rob
Exactly why I opted for spoiler delete. I am getting red and blue stripes painted on. With the spoiler, would I have gone over? Under? Loop around? I couldn't imagine the stripes looking good in any way except by the clean look of spoiler delete.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like The Gold Pony will upload his test of this pony later this day:

And heres a good walkaround a black GT PP. I think darker colors fit the new Mustang way better :thumbsup:
Oh HELL NO! I would never, ever, ever take delivery of a car with dealer advertising on the back! "Fred Beans"...really? He may be a great guy with a great family and great dealership, but I did not pay $42,000 to give them free advertising.

Now, knock off a few grand for me to advertise your dealership for the lifetime of my car and we'll talk.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I am getting red and blue stripes painted on.
What does that cost? I haven't done any research but did ask the body shop that was repairing accident damage to my ATS what stripes would cost on my Mustang and they threw out a $4k number. Said it would require repainting every panel that had a stripe on it; so hood, roof, trunk, bumper covers and making them match the panels they butt up to so maybe blending on some of them. Didn't ask but didn't understand why you couldn't just rough up the factory clear coat, throw down the stripes and put clear over the striped panels.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does that cost? I haven't done any research but did ask the body shop that was repairing accident damage to my ATS what stripes would cost on my Mustang and they threw out a $4k number. Said it would require repainting every panel that had a stripe on it; so hood, roof, trunk, bumper covers and making them match the panels they butt up to so maybe blending on some of them. Didn't ask but didn't understand why you couldn't just rough up the factory clear coat, throw down the stripes and put clear over the striped panels.
$4,000...I think that would be WAY too much. I think the difference/confusion is that some people, like myself, have no problem with the stripes being painted on, and thereby being just a little "raised up" off of the base paint, EXACTLY like it would be if you placed decals on the car. If you want a smooth, ice-like finish, the shop will actually remove the base paint, repaint the entire panel, and the result will be an undetectable transition between the base color and the stripe.

I haven't got any quotes yet, but just looking around and talking with people gives me a ballpark of $1,400 for the hood and those three-stripe rockers like in my profile photo.

A shop here in St Louis only charges $6,000 to entirely repaint the car, including removing all of the glass from the car, and any other car part that is attached that would allow someone to tell that the car has been repainted. I have seen photos, and that is a HUGE job. Stripes? Not so much. I will of course post cost and photos...car comes in February, stripes probably in March.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Oh HELL NO! I would never, ever, ever take delivery of a car with dealer advertising on the back! "Fred Beans"...really? He may be a great guy with a great family and great dealership, but I did not pay $42,000 to give them free advertising.

Now, knock off a few grand for me to advertise your dealership for the lifetime of my car and we'll talk.

What kills me is that Fred Beans is reproducing and is now a family of dealerships. :headbang: I can’t believe nobody in his organization didn’t say: “Hey Fred, maybe Fred Beans is not the coolest logo for the cars or dealership. How about something like Cityview Ford or something like that.” I guess Fred is the boss man probably with the biggest ego. Nope. Nothing wrong with Fred Beans even if your first reaction to it is flatulence. Yup, Fred Beans is a winner!

BTW: I’m sure he has someone designing the “Fred Beans” racing stripe option. Oh - If Fred Beans is a sponsor of this web site then feel free to delete this blatant act of free speech. :ford:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If you want a smooth, ice-like finish, the shop will actually remove the base paint, repaint the entire panel, and the result will be an undetectable transition between the base color and the stripe.
A good shop would be able to come very very close to smooth by just sanding back the factory clearcoat, adding the stripes and then clearcoating the whole panel.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A good shop would be able to come very very close to smooth by just sanding back the factory clearcoat, adding the stripes and then clearcoating the whole panel.

True...probably what I will have done.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Why have it painted on, when you can buy decals and stick your strips on...?

That is how the manufacturers do it, who is actually going to paint strips on a car..? What purpose does paint serve..?

:shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why have it painted on, when you can buy decals and stick your strips on...?

That is how the manufacturers do it, who is actually going to paint strips on a car..? What purpose does paint serve..?

:shrug:
Painted means you can get any color, width, shape, etc.

Painted means no special care for the stripes.

Painted means not replacing the entire stripe on a panel if it gets damaged in any way such as a rock chip. You just touch it up like you would minor damage to any painted part.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)

And it's not even straight. Every car I've ever bought -new or used, I've told the dealer in no uncertain terms that I will not take delivery if their obnoxious decal is on the back.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Painted means you can get any color, width, shape, etc.

Painted means no special care for the stripes.

Painted means not replacing the entire stripe on a panel if it gets damaged in any way such as a rock chip. You just touch it up like you would minor damage to any painted part.
+ Painted just looks much better
+ Painted is much more durable

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Test drove an 18' GT (auto) today. Very impressive. IMO, it would be criminal not to get the active exhaust with the V8. It sounds fabulous and transforms the car relative to the 15-17.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: