Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Nice wheel that, you best get saving.

Check the RTR wheels, similar mesh design but more angular, also a good looking wheel.
yeah get xmas out of the way then i'll get them ordered in new year unless I can find something similar out our way. monoblock cnc'd though light as hell

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Just to be pedantic. :D

Surely they should be called machined wheels and not forged ?

They are made by machining out a solid billet, where as, forged items are made by heating and hammering into shape, as in made in a forge by a blacksmith or the like.

Guess it's another case of the Americans misunderstanding and bastardising the English language.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just to be pedantic. :D

Surely they should be called machined wheels and not forged ?

They are made by machining out a solid billet, where as, forged items are made by heating and hammering into shape, as in made in a forge by a blacksmith or the like.

Guess it's another case of the Americans misunderstanding and bastardising the English language.
Everyone selling wheels are using dodgy terminology for their wheels right now. Forgestar actually only sell cast wheels as far as I can tell, then there's "flowform" which is a process where a cast wheel undergoes a process whereby the rims are cold formed, much like spinning a clay pot.

At the end of the day, the strongest wheels are forged, but when you get into the realms of multi piece wheels, forged centres and formed rims are the norm. They are extremely strong and will deform if hit on a kerb or pothole, rather than split or crack like most cast wheels.

I have Canadian aftermarket wheels on my GT86, they are very light, very strong and reasonably priced. I believe they are "flow formed"? They are made by a company called 720 Form I believe, and come highly recommended from me.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Yes.

In wet, normal when in D the car will block change, so say 1-3, 3-5, 5-7, 6-4, 4-2 etc. It will do this pretty much without you really noticing, like any good automatic.

In sport/track D mode it will go through all the gears for maximum acceleration.

In drag D mode it will not torque dip, a little like a DSG does when launch control is engaged, it just maximises acceleration. Probably not a mode you'd drive around in, apart from maybe odd traffic light grand prix.

In S mode on the paddles you have 7 gears and 3 over drives. So when driving on the paddles you essentially have two more gears, now I guess to some this could be annoying as your clicking paddles more.

In my M3 which has 6 gears, I hated how I typically was only using 2nd and 3rd on a country road blast, because they were so long legged, as such I wished for closer ratio's so I could pull on the shifter paddles more often. Hence I dropped in a shorter final ratio, so now I am buzzing 2, 3 and 4 and the acceleration difference is amazing.

So I like the idea of shorter ratio's, for me it makes the car more engaging, makes it feel a lot more quicker (more torque at wheels) and I enjoy pulling the paddles. But I love driving single seater race cars which are 6 speed and 6th tops out around 120mph, so you use all 6 gears up and down, great fun.

7th in the A10 tops out at 160mph, so on a country road blast zooming out of 30mph corners upto around 100mph, in an A6 you'd be in 2nd, pull 3rd and that is it. In an A10 you will be in 2nd or 3rd and be pulling 4th and a 5th.

Everyone has different taste but when I want to go for blast I love the idea of more gears to mash through on the paddles. When I am just in town, I will just put it in D mode and let it be an automatic. :)
So... you really haven't given it any thought? ;)

Sounds good. I'd have to try before I bought in to it. I enjoyed using the 7 speed in the Audi but felt it negated any need for manual control day to day, which took some of the fun out of it. I concede, a very different car for a very different purpose though.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So... you really haven't given it any thought? ;)

Sounds good. I'd have to try before I bought in to it. I enjoyed using the 7 speed in the Audi but felt it negated any need for manual control day to day, which took some of the fun out of it. I concede, a very different car for a very different purpose though.
But that is how I am, either in the mood or not in the mood. Hence why a manual just became annoying to me as driving to and from work many days I just want to plod along, these points I wished it was an auto that I could just put in drive.

Even when I was in the mood for the manual, I used to think, damn I wished this car had paddle shifters like my M3.

Time will tell, I am blown away by how amazing this Golf is, a huge shame it sounds and looks boring because to drive, its amazing fun and so damn capable, easily probably the best road car I've ever owned, its weakness is when your pushing very hard, it gets a bit floppy and on a track I feel it would be quite boring and way too soft, but it is this lack of focus that makes it such an exceptional road car. Mustang would own it on a race track for lap time, engagement and fun factor, but on the road the Golf would destroy the Mustang, though I'd still be grinning as much in the Mustang if not more.

It is a shame the RS3's are so much duller to drive, as they do look and sound more the part, but the S3 and RS3 are just not as engaging or fun as the Golf, guess that is just Audi for you, they somehow make the same chassis car duller to drive. :D

Anyway my fingers are crossed the 10 speed is good, really am enjoying speaking with Lund about it and seeing their progress. Chatting with Jon II and Nardi they have told me its much quicker at shifting compared to the A6 it basically seamless in acceleration and also putting it on the pavement. They have told me though, that like the A6 there is still a delay on the paddle shifting, though the A10 the delay is less, it is still there, which is a bit of a shame as that does remove some of the engagement and fun for me. Still Lund are in early days so monitoring their progress closely. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Any sign of prices and demonstrator availability as yet, chaps? ....
Prices scheduled to drop dec 1st. Happy advent and all that.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Hoping for this Friday. It HAS to be before they start building the things, so that's just about the 11th hour.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Demonstrators should be here February/March next year, price should be December

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
"Using a front camera and radar, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection identifies vehicles and pedestrians in the road ahead, or who could cross the vehicle’s path at speeds of up to 80 km/h (50 mph), and warns you of their presence. If you don’t respond, the system automatically applies the brakes. This new technology is designed to help reduce the severity of accidents, or help avoid them altogether, and functions between 5kph and the maximum speed of the vehicle."

Yep, "or who could cross the vehicle’s path"! What could possibly go wrong?

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
"Using a front camera and radar, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection identifies vehicles and pedestrians in the road ahead, or who could cross the vehicle’s path at speeds of up to 80 km/h (50 mph), and warns you of their presence. If you don’t respond, the system automatically applies the brakes. This new technology is designed to help reduce the severity of accidents, or help avoid them altogether, and functions between 5kph and the maximum speed of the vehicle."

Yep, "or who could cross the vehicle’s path"! What could possibly go wrong?
I wanna see these pedestrians that move up to 50mph :eyebulge:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2018 UK Mustang Pricing - Now Official!

EB M6 Coupe: £35,995
EB A10 Coupe: £37,595

V8 M6 Coupe: £41,095
V8 A10 Coupe: £43,095

This confirms the lease pricing which was leaked. :)

Official option pricing

- Custom Pack 1 & 2: £1495
- Custom Pack 3 & 4 (forged wheels): £2295
- Recaro Seats: £1795 (£1400 if custom pack selected)
- Orange Fury / Triple Yellow paint: £795
- Magnetic Ride: £1600
- Black painted roof: £500
- Forged wheels: £795
- Spoiler: £350 (cannot be ordered until January)

I changed to custom pack 2, to me the forged wheels are not worth £700 extra, as such my car total cost is £48,885 so essentially 50k for a Ford, puts it right into BMW M2 territory, Audi RS3, TT RS, A45 AMG, but its a unique car, with a V8 and looks flipping amazing compared to the European stuff on the road in similar price category.
Sponsored