Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I finally broke one of my stock axle last night at the track. Track prep was amazing a my 2step didn't come on so I accidentally launched at 8k haha. Damn lights came down fast and by the time I realized I went to redline my left foot was coming off the clutch haha. Shit happens. The driver's side let go by the differential.

Once the axles come in, I'll measure and weigh both. I think this was already done on here, but I couldn't find it. I can't afford to swing DSS or GeForce axles right now.
Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
I'm curious as well to know how those end up holding. I've considered this as well but haven't really heard of many doing this.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
fwiw, i was breaking a set of GT axles every year for my first two seasons (autox, not drag racing, but enough drag starts on big tires to create a lot of stressful force). replaced them with GT350 axles this year and still going strong. if you're making n/a power and not launching on prepped tracks with DRs (if drag racing), these will probably do the trick.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
fwiw, i was breaking a set of GT axles every year for my first two seasons (autox, not drag racing, but enough drag starts on big tires to create a lot of stressful force). replaced them with GT350 axles this year and still going strong. if you're making n/a power and not launching on prepped tracks with DRs (if drag racing), these will probably do the trick.
That's good feedback. I'm running hoosiers. I know DRs would be a disaster.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
good info. thanks.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Subscribed - I'm interested as well. My V6 car won't be approaching Coyote power levels, but if the GT350 axles are stronger than the GT axles, for the cost, you could likely replace them 3-4 times for the cost of most of the aftermarket options.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
From what I recall, they're not much stronger than the stock GT axles. Throw tires and track duty at it and you'll still break em.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just ordered up a set. I'm going to be a guinea pig haha. I see this question come up a lot and there's just not a lot of answers. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can break one lol. MT82 Paxton car here. Bias ply tire. Someone has to give it a whirl. Unfortunately all the tracks are closed so i'll have to wait until spring.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered up a set. I'm going to be a guinea pig haha. I see this question come up a lot and there's just not a lot of answers. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can break one lol. MT82 Paxton car here. Bias ply tire. Someone has to give it a whirl. Unfortunately all the tracks are closed so i'll have to wait until spring.
Would you be willing to take a quick set of measurements once you get them? I'm just curious if only one of the axle shafts is actually larger than a GT or Base Mustang....

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I installed them back in June. They are only slightly larger diameter than stockers but they arent tapered like the stock ones. Ive done multiple autocrosses and 2 days at VIR on mine and havent had any problems.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I installed them back in June. They are only slightly larger diameter than stockers but they arent tapered like the stock ones. Ive done multiple autocrosses and 2 days at VIR on mine and havent had any problems.
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The passenger side axles are damn near the same size. The CV joint seems bigger. I ran into a snag and can't get the drivers side out...
Sponsored