Sponsored

Repeal Texas Front license plate law

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Think about how much it would save the state of Texas to produce literally half the amount of plates they currently have to.

I prefer no front plate, but my bumper is already drilled... :(
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Signed, i personally don't care if i get pulled over for it or not, its just a fix it ticket. I'm not ruining there look of any car with an ugly front plate. I've never put one on in the many cars I've had. I've only been hassled just when i get caught speeding. There's no holes in my gt and it's staying that way.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
They try this every year. It will not pass, I don't care I never use front plates on any of my cars.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
They try this every year. It will not pass, I don't care I never use front plates on any of my cars.

What he said. They tried this during the last legislative session and failed miserably. With the invention of the Sto N Sho removal plate bracket, I think it's as good as it's gonna get. Texas doesn't save anything since we pay for our plates.

Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What he said. They tried this during the last legislative session and failed miserably. With the invention of the Sto N Sho removal plate bracket, I think it's as good as it's gonna get. Texas doesn't save anything since we pay for our plates.

I agree it's unlikely, however they would have savings since it's not like they'd charge us less. The government almost never decides to charge less even if they start to provide less.

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Signed this morning and ironically got pulled over 3 hours later for not having a front plate. First time I've been pulled over since not having one...got a warning. This was catalyst to finally install the Craig's bracket I bought last year. Bummer.

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Think about how much it would save the state of Texas to produce literally half the amount of plates they currently have to.

I prefer no front plate, but my bumper is already drilled... :(

I too don't like the darn front license plate, it serves no purpose what so ever. Devils advocate.........if we stopped producing front license plates do you know how much money they would loose????? They couldn't charge as much for registration.

boomerd35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Ruby Red
Guy at work used to be a Texas DPS officer and said they use 'no front plates' as an excuse to pull somebody over. He said they never gave tickets for it- just warnings.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Guy at work used to be a Texas DPS officer and said they use 'no front plates' as an excuse to pull somebody over. He said they never gave tickets for it- just warnings.
DPS may not issue citations for it, but some municipalities do. The small town where I work will ticket you every time without a warning.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I got stopped last night for no front plate by DPS around 1 am. He said If I install it they will dismiss the ticket.

2nd thing he asked me is if I had anything to drink tonight so it was an excuse to sniff inside the car. But I was just working late.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
In Texas the front plate is used in revenue collection. Speed LASER is aimed at the most reflective part of the front of the car. This is the front plate. That's why it will most likely never be repealed in Texas.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
In Texas the front plate is used in revenue collection. Speed LASER is aimed at the most reflective part of the front of the car. This is the front plate. That's why it will most likely never be repealed in Texas.
All the newer guns have no issue whether you have a front plate or not. They can catch your speed immediately on any four wheel vehicle in any condition. Ask me how I know?

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
All the newer guns have no issue whether you have a front plate or not. They can catch your speed immediately on any four wheel vehicle in any condition. Ask me how I know?

Nice,
Well, if that's the case, my info is a little out of date, and I stand corrected.
With that being said; what's the purpose of the front plate then? Probable Cause?

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Nice,
Well, if that's the case, my info is a little out of date, and I stand corrected.
With that being said; what's the purpose of the front plate then? Probable Cause?
Technically it's so they can look for a LP on parked cars regardless of parking orientation. But generally, yeah PC.
Sponsored