Camber Adjustment Help

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
After installing my Steeda Progressive Lowering springs. I took the car to the alignment shop. The front is .05 left and 1.3 right. I purchased a camber bolt kit for the front. I'd say they have some more adjustment on the front to do.

After trying to align the rear, they are telling me camber is sitting at -2.2 on both sides. I don't think they have tried to adjust the rear camber at all, although they didn't say that, they led me to believe it's out of adjustment to correct the alignment.

Any suggestions how to get the rear back into a more forgiving camber adjustment for street driving?

Jeff
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Take it to a different shop that works on our platform more often. First shop I went to wasn't able to do any better than that (I think it was 2.3 and 2.8), but when I took it to Steeda they were able to get it in. That first shop was also able to get the fronts to -1.6 for both (although I have camber plates).

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Take it to a different shop that works on our platform more often. First shop I went to wasn't able to do any better than that (I think it was 2.3 and 2.8), but when I took it to Steeda they were able to get it in. That first shop was also able to get the fronts to -1.6 for both (although I have camber plates).
Thanks Man

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The rear adjustment is somewhat hidden. It's common for the uninformed to think it is not adjustable.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
OEM rear adjustment shouldn't be able to go passed -2 and more likely -1.8 or -1.9. Of course that depends a bit on how low your car is, but general vicinity.

Steeda's alignments on my car have been great. I have absolutely torn up tires around their parking lot and the road outside of the Valdosta location.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I don't they know what their doing. They say rear can't be adjusted. My left rear is at -2.5 and right is -2.1. Told me to come back in a week after spring settled. I know they have factory adjustment built in but this guy can't figure how to adjust. Maybe I need to more on to another shop.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely move on to another shop, someone that knows where to shove a pry bar and hit it with a hammer to get it in place.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Definitely move on to another shop, someone that knows where to shove a pry bar and hit it with a hammer to get it in place.
At my nearby Ford dealer they have a nice Hunter system. The computer monitor even shows a picture of what to adjust and where to find it.

#NoExcuses

Sponsored
OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
At my nearby Ford dealer they have a nice Hunter system. The computer monitor even shows a picture of what to adjust and where to find it.

#NoExcuses
Now that's an idea........the Ford dealer.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Now that's an idea........the Ford dealer.
Yeah but not just any dealer. Fine the one that knows Mustangs. And where there is a Mustang tech.

I got such a good alignment for toe and rear camber that I just set my own front camber between street and track settings.

Front toe = 0
Rear toe = +.06
Rear camber = -1.6

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I have no idea how much a typical alignment costs these days, but a good C/C gauge and toe plates will probably set you back $200. Do a couple of your own alignments, and you've paid for the tools.

I currently run -2.1* camber and 1/8" total toe out up front; -2.0* camber and .25" total toe in out back. These are my newest settings having reduced camber and toe-out a bit up front. Next event is 11/4 so I'll check performance. Also had to re-center my wheel. Caster is pretty good on these cars so I haven't messed with that.
Sponsored