Sponsored

First Look Inside Next-Gen GT350 Mustang (S550) Prototype!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Very curious to see the production wheels.... Those look like prototype designs. And I hope they will go with 20s at least as an option.

The wheels were shown uncovered last year.

50_yr_appearance_interior.jpg

appearance pack.jpg
MustangGT350_lk06_KGP_ed-2790966164-O.jpg
MustangGT350_lk03_KGP_ed-2790965377-O.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hmm, but will those be the production wheels? Seems unusual to go for a concave design up front, not but out back :shrug:

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
Well, all indications are that GT350 is first up and will be the halo car. If a GT500 follows at some point remains to be seen.
I thought I read somewhere that Ford was carrying over both the Coyote engine AND the aluminum 5.4L. If this is true, there is NO WAY Ford would take a backwards step in their succession lineup by taking the 5.4L from the GT500 and put it in a GT350 :crazy: "IF" a GT350 (or Mach 1) is in the works, logically it would have to be a Coyote based 5.0, to keep the "special car" buyers happy for the first (and possibly 2nd) production years.

If Ford follows their previous release MO, we should hear purposefully released rumors about the GT500 (and I'd dare say it's turbocharged 'VOO-DOO' 5.4) somewhere around late August 2015. :headbang:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think it's pretty much a given the old 5.4/5.8 Shelby engine won't be seen in S550......although it does fit "with some work"..........and those are the words of Dave Pericak :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Notice how we can't see the turn indicators in the latest shots? Could the headlamps be exposed because the turn signals are in the main headlamp for GT350? :shrug:

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I don't see a stripped down Z/28 clone coming from Ford. It wasn't done with the Boss 302 and the market is moving up, not down. This will be especially true IF (as we don't know yet) it would be available overseas.
Stripped down Boss 302 from Ford:
[ame]

You could buy it right from the dealer.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
The wheels were shown uncovered last year.
]
Sorry I have seen the uncovered wheels, I was trying to say I dont think those are going to be the production design, they look to me like a temporary prototype design. Even imagining them cleaned up they seem plain for where ford has gone with wheel designs for the mustang and SVT over the last 5 years. of course I could be wrong when i see how the final picture flows together.

Build'em

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Those are prototype wheels. Next, the GT350 has always Ben the top dog of the Shelby line especially in price,starting at over $80k, whereas the GT500 starts at $54K... Although the GT350 to me is just a revamped, lightly juiced up track package 5.0. It's already been confirmed the new 2015 5.0 performance pack (replacing track pack), actually out handes a BOSS Laguna, which is HUGE!!!! I truly believe that a slight adjustment to a base performance pack 5.0 will give the Z28 more than it barganed for. As for the very soon to be released hp of 5.0? Well head and intake wrk plus pistons etc, I'd wager for around 440-450hp/415-420tq... I don't see much more than a 50 lb weight loss if any as this new car LOOKS bigger in person then the current 197 5.0, just not as tall and alttle wider. I fully expect a NA version of the current 13'-14' Shelby 5.8 Trinity engine, IF they decide to do a GT350 or a BOSS 351. I saw enough prototypes cruising in west Phoenix, Az back in early Feb, heard them loud and clear, there's no evidence of a power adder. Although 1 of the 3 did sound like it had a very faint BOV sound to it, very common on turbo applications. a recirculating bov with an upgraded CAI can sound like is venting externally. They aso had slightly different rear fascias. What ever name is decided we will find out in next 3 weeks, same for power output of the regular stangs.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Sorry I have seen the uncovered wheels, I was trying to say I dont think those are going to be the production design, they look to me like a temporary prototype design. Even imagining them cleaned up they seem plain for where ford has gone with wheel designs for the mustang and SVT over the last 5 years. of course I could be wrong when i see how the final picture flows together.
Those are prototype wheels.

Those uncovered wheels are the same as the currently covered wheels.

Next, the GT350 has always Ben the top dog of the Shelby line especially in price,starting at over $80k, whereas the GT500 starts at $54K... Although the GT350 to me is just a revamped, lightly juiced up track package 5.0.

You are confusing the post-title GT350 built by SAI with the OEM Ford-production SVT GT500.

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Stripped down Boss 302 from Ford:

You could buy it right from the dealer.
The Boss 302S is not a production car you can buy at a dealership like the Z28, it's a custom racing car that you can only buy from Ford Racing. The Boss 302S is also not street legal.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

bigbear78

Threads
Reaction score
they are covered to hide the brakes
I think it may have somthing to do with testing the extra cooling for the brakes by cutting off the main path of air that would normally cool the brakes letting them test the temps and cooling under high heat and stress without having to flog it on the track. But that is just a guess on m part:thumbsup:
Sponsored