Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There are crazy taxes on high co2 cars in some european countries. In Netherlands the Mustang EB costs 57k€ while the Mustang GT costs 119k€!

For comparison, in germany we pay 38k€ for the EB and 44k€ for the GT :D
And if that isn't crazy enough the EB with automatic is 23,000 euro more expensive than the EB manual. 2,000 of that actually goes to Ford for the automatic and 21,000 is additional taxes because of higher Co2 emission.
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Got more exiting news about the EU model!

• The EU GT will get 15-25 HP more (remember EU has 421HP)
  • EU EB will have less HP! But instead something from the Formula 1 will be implemented in the EB, can't tell you more about that
  • The performance rear spoiler will be an option on EU models
  • No information about Magnetic Ride atm
What would be interesting to see if they redid the headers on the RHD cars, fixing there original cock up, which robbed us of a few horses!

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
What the hell? Ford just built an entire car almost completely out of carbon fiber(Ford GT). They where the first manufacturer to put carbon fiber wheels as standard on a street car(GT350R). You really think they can't offer real carbon trim in a Mustang! You guys kill me. Its not like carbon fiber is unatainimum from another planet. Good lord! You may not like the look that doesn't mean its fake. All these years people have complained about how cheap the interior of the Mustang looks, now Ford offers a real carbon fiber upgrade with nice leather and you guys sound like a bunch of monkeys playing scrabble! Thank god Ford is classing up the Mustang interior keep it coming!
Those parts are extremely low volume and at this point carbon layup is all hand work. This process would simply not work for a high production volume product like the Mustang. The best you'd get is sort of carbon overlay on an injection molded part.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I still believe my 2017 EcoBoost is so much better looking than MY'18 EB. If the new EcoBoost will have less power than the current model (as posted by Ace), then I am so glad I did't wait for the facelift.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes, but will it be real Alcantara? I heard Alcanta ranchers are having a hard time keeping up with demand.
It's not that. It's the PETA protestors blocking the roads to the ranches.

jmarsch1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
I still believe my 2017 EcoBoost is so much better looking than MY'18 EB. If the new EcoBoost will have less power than the current model (as posted by Ace), then I am so glad I did't wait for the facelift.

EcoBoost gets a bump in torque with HP staying the same. GT gets more HP and Torque.

That's according to all of our sales guides and preview guides from Ford. Clearly they wouldn't want us lying to customers.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Having less HP in the EB could be a thing for europe only, since they really have crazy taxes on CO² pollution for cars. Having less CO² can easily be thousands of euros less in some countries. So I can't imagine they reduce the HP for the North American market, wouldn't make sense

Sponsored

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Sorry if i missed it somewhere in the last 100 pages but the Order Guide Companion doesn't explicitly say if the Performance Package comes with a manual or not. Anyone know if you can finally get an auto with it?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Sorry if i missed it somewhere in the last 100 pages but the Order Guide Companion doesn't explicitly say if the Performance Package comes with a manual or not. Anyone know if you can finally get an auto with it?
You can. The first post of this thread still contains the majority of the useful, factual information.

Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Haven't had this problem with supply since the white Nauga animals became endangered when Naugahyde became really popular in cars...