OP
OP
Salt Ninja

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
Only thing I dislike about my 2015 GT PP is the black wheel.
I drove a 2015 Comp Orange GT premium with PP (pre-owened) and I loved it. Well, everything except the black rims. 12k miles.

Then I saw a 2015 black GT premium with the 50 years AP. This was a couple of months ago and there was only 800 miles on the 2015. So, I bought it.
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
At 62 years, I don't like the Black wheel look. I think it was created by a race team trying to hide their ugly wheels in plain sight. Couldn't afford new wheels or reconditioning so they rattle canned them black and that was it. People who buy new highly styled wheels in black are going in for the look but haven't really thought it through. As we all know they disappear in photos unless the pic is processed to highlight the wheels. I prefer the candy color wheels or the silver. Chrome is nice but lots of work, and doesn't fit on high performance cars anymore.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I drove a 2015 Comp Orange GT premium with PP (pre-owened) and I loved it. Well, everything except the black rims. 12k miles.

Then I saw a 2015 black GT premium with the 50 years AP. This was a couple of months ago and there was only 800 miles on the 2015. So, I bought it.

The 50th year wheel is the best of them all. Sadly not available with the PP. Nice choice!!!

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I guess I am in the minority, I like shinny stuff. To me, the wheels are the biggest thing that differentiates one car from another. I think dark wheels blend in with the asphalt and get lost as an accent piece, especially on dark colored cars.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
56 and I guess I'm the old guy exception that likes black wheels. I love the black PP wheels, but might like the GT350s even better.

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
51. Non-black. From some angles it just looks like a black hole.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Yum, these paint chips sure taste good!

In reality: It depends on the car. I have a GT PP with the stock black wheels and they look pretty good, but I think they'd look better in an anthracite or graphite color. On the other hand, I think they'd look terrible in chrome. (In fact, I'm not a big fan of shiny chrome wheels in general.)

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Black wheels do look good on some cars, but it hides a lot of detail of the wheels and the contrast of the car and the wheel but looks aggressive. Silver is a beautiful way to go on dark cars. Makes it looks clean / classy look. here some ideas.

My Magnetic Grey on Silver

Ford-Mustang-S550-Velgen-Wheels-VMB9-5-1024x682.jpg

Ford-Mustang-S550-Velgen-Wheels-VMB9-1-1024x682.jpg

NAILED IT!!!
Thank you. Feel free to PM us if you have any questions or would like to find a dealer near you

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Depends on the color. Grabber Blue looks bad with non-black wheels, for example. Black also gives off an aggressive racecar look, which many people like.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Depends on the color. Grabber Blue looks bad with non-black wheels, for example. Black also gives off an aggressive racecar look, which many people like.
I think silver would look good on the grabber Blue also.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Not a huge fan a black rims. The blend into the tire too much and it's hard to tell what kind of rim you have at anything past 10 ft.

Chrome those is dead. Looks dreadful and tacky. Gun metal, bronze, or silver are much better options depending on the color of the car.

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I am 39 . . . First off I must say that I am a chrome all the way guy . . . I have never preferred the dark wheels although I agree with many that the color of the car plays a large role in what looks "good" . . . I really like the Gotta Have It Green Mustangs and dark wheels look right on that color. That is what I would have had to go with had I owned that color car. That being said what the wheel guys are coming out with these days gives sooooooo much more choice.

I wanted something that stood out like chrome wheels and had a great shiny finish that popped . . . ultimately there were not a lot great chrome choices and after having multiple sets of chrome wheels on previous Mustangs I had to branch out of the comfort zone and try something different so I went with polished copper . . . It gets a LOT of compliments and really stands out.

I think bronze and colored wheels are the next trend . . . IMHO
ag4.jpg

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I guess I am in the minority, I like shinny stuff. To me, the wheels are the biggest thing that differentiates one car from another. I think dark wheels blend in with the asphalt and get lost as an accent piece, especially on dark colored cars.

Honestly not a huge chrome guy but think this looks amazing! What size tires are you running?

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
... it's round and spins.
do they spin faster when the color is different?:shrug:
Sponsored