Sponsored

Help on choice for MMD Zeven Setup

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Hey guys. I am about to pull the trigger on buying the MMD Zevens in gloss black for my Race Red GT.
I want my tire setup to be 265 in the front and 285 in the back. Both on 19's
Should I get the 8.5 in front and the 10 in rear, or get 10 all around?
And I need the TPMS right? Do I also need the transmitter?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
I was looking at the same wheels and diameter, but smaller tire sizes (stock PP sizes, 255/275). I was hesitant to get the 8.5" fronts because that is the minimum width for 255 tires, according to the calculator I found on-line. So, 265 might be too wide for 8.5" wheels. I'm not sure if the 10" will fit in front; it says rear fitment only, I believe.

Interested in hearing what you find out...

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i'd do 10 all around. i really don't see the advantage of staggering mmd's. One really isn't more concave than the other between the 8.5 and the 10 really.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
i'd do 10 all around. i really don't see the advantage of staggering mmd's. One really isn't more concave than the other between the 8.5 and the 10 really.
Just curious, your sig shows that you have a staggered set-up. What exactly is it about the concavity of the MMDs that you recommend against staggering them? It is an aesthetic thing?

From AM's site:

Application. This 19x10 Modern Muscle Design Zeven Wheel fits the rear only of all 2015 Mustangs, including the V6, EcoBoost and GT models.

OP
OP

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
If I want to put the 265 with 10s up front or even the 10s and 285s in the back, will I rub? Im not lowered and I dont have the PP

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Just curious, your sig shows that you have a staggered set-up. What exactly is it about the concavity of the MMDs that you recommend against staggering them? It is an aesthetic thing?

From AM's site:

Application. This 19x10 Modern Muscle Design Zeven Wheel fits the rear only of all 2015 Mustangs, including the V6, EcoBoost and GT models.
they aren't any where near concavity of my setup. so with mmd so yes aesthetic thing. Visually the 10 isn't anymore concave than the 8.5 on the mmd's might as well go 10 all around.

With my wheels the 10.5 is ALOT more concave over the 9" on the front. I just don't see the point in having staggered setup when the wheels won't look that much different between the front and back other than being wider but that's my opinion.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I didnt want to buy another set of tires, so I went with staggered look. Everyone told me 255's on a 10" wheel would be bad, so I'll wait until I get new tires and either get 10's for the front or get different wheels.
Sponsored