16 GT vs 16 SS, comparison after owning both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Guys I had an accident with my GT and ended up selling it last week because it wasn't really driving right and didn't want to deal with carfax and the diminished value afterwards. I loved my GT and think it's the best looking American V8 on the market. Here is my comparison after a week of owning the SS.

The SS is faster hands down no comparison, it's actually scary fast. I have the A8 and the gas mileage is awesome and overall the panels line up and seems good in the build quality department. Interior can be described as different. It definitely has more technology than my base PP GT and I bought the 1SS so they're both comparable. The inside seems a bit higher quality with leather wrapped dash and other small details, but again it comes at a higher cost of the actual car. The stock exhaust note with the active exhaust option is great, sounds very loud stock and can be modulated when switching driving modes. The actual handling of the SS seems very good too, takes corners better and overall feels more nimble.

Overall I think mustang wins in looks and the SS wins in performance (pre boost). Hope you guys enjoy my mini review and I'll post up more when I drive the car a bit more.
image.jpg
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like how cramped the interior felt. and the visibility was horrendous. I have to agree that it's faster. I would be disappointed if the car wasn't. After all it has a bigger engine.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I don't like how cramped the interior felt. and the visibility was horrendous. I have to agree that it's faster. I would be disappointed if the car wasn't. After all it has a bigger engine.
The engine themselves are very similar in size.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Guys I had an accident with my GT and ended up selling it last week because it wasn't really driving right and didn't want to deal with carfax and the diminished value afterwards. I loved my GT and think it's the best looking American V8 on the market. Here is my comparison after a week of owning the SS.

The SS is faster hands down no comparison, it's actually scary fast. I have the A8 and the gas mileage is awesome and overall the panels line up and seems good in the build quality department. Interior can be described as different. It definitely has more technology than my base PP GT and I bought the 1SS so they're both comparable. The inside seems a bit higher quality with leather wrapped dash and other small details, but again it comes at a higher cost of the actual car. The stock exhaust note with the active exhaust option is great, sounds very loud stock and can be modulated when switching driving modes. The actual handling of the SS seems very good too, takes corners better and overall feels more nimble.

Overall I think mustang wins in looks and the SS wins in performance (pre boost). Hope you guys enjoy my mini review and I'll post up more when I drive the car a bit more.
Nice short write up. Is that black or NightFall Grey.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Forgot to add that. Visibility does suck, I get scared everything I have to merge LOL. Something I'll have to get used to. I do like the smaller cabin space though as it makes it feel more like a cockpit

OP
OP

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Another picture to see the gray
image.jpg

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Hopefully ford has a faster mustang in 3-5 years when I decide to move to a gt if not it seems I will be looking at camaros :O

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Overall speed is only one aspect you should consider. Ease of modification, aftermarket support, long term manufacturer support and dealership availability are all factors.

Glad you're happy with your Camaro, they're great cars, I just wish they were a bit more comfortable for me and a touch cheaper, but they are what they are.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Long story short. Sold my 69 Z/28 clone 502 ramjet last week. Inching for another toy. Stopped in a Chevy dealership to see a 14 C7 @ $51K. They had a sell ending that day for $8000 off MSRP on any 16 C7 in stock. Over 50 C7's big corvette store. Bought a NEW C7 convertible with GM card for $8970 off MSRP @ $52K . Traded my 16 2 SS which was $46K MSRP. Now a Happy C7 owner is all I can say. Took a hit on the SS but wasn't too bad. C7 is a 7 speed with NPP exhaust ,Black/ red inserts and black roof. Did love the SS but..... $52K had to do it. I can sell that car in two years and get most of my money back.

Update 8-1-16. Traded in my Vette for a 16 Shelby GT 350. But here's the deal. Kelly blue book gave me a cash offer of $54,777 for the Vette l paid $52K for it. The Ford dealership used that figure and sold me the 350 for MSRP. So if you throw out the doc fee it's like getting the 350 for $2452 off MSRP. It's crazy out there but I'm not complaining. In Ga you pay tax on the difference from your trade.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Long story short. Sold my 69 Z/28 clone 502 ramjet last week. Stopped in a Chevy dealership to see a 14 C7. They had a sell ending that day for $8000 off MSRP on any 16 C7 in stock. 75 C7's big corvette store. Bought a C7 convertible with GM card for $8970 off MSRP @ $52K . Traded my 16 2 SS which was $48K MSRP new. Happy C7 owner is all I can say. Took a hit on the SS but wasn't too bad. Yeah the C7 is a 7 speed with NPP exhaust. Black/ red inserts and black roof. Did love the SS but $52K had to do it.
Congrats on the new car! Wow, Chevy really has trouble selling their stuff! That's a ton off of MSRP.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Congrats on the new car! Wow, Chevy really has trouble selling their stuff! That's a ton off of MSRP.
But don't forget Ford sucks because they have X-Plan...

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
By that logic ford has a ridiculously hard time selling the Mustang... we all know that isn't true. :headbonk:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They are high volume cars, big discounts needed to move that many units.

Check out some of these deals.

http://kerbeck.com/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.