Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
The front end was not growing on me and it still isn't. However these pics make me wonder if I jumped the gun. I like the wheels and offset too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Wow pretty legit for a factory wheel! Anyone have size/weight specs yet?
All we know right now is they are 19x9.5” in front and 19x10” in rear.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just by reading the Order guide (673)...
...19x9.5 and 19x10 wheels (shown in pics to have the cup 2's)
...only available with manual
...only Mustang that can be ordered with Cloth Recaros
...not available with Auto or Black Package or Conv. or Perf Pack (67G)

...IMO it should have different drive modes ...IMO it should come with MagneRide, Suede flat bottom steering wheel (wishful),
Active Exhaust, and engine oil, differential and transmission coolers standard
...just to be on par with
the CAMARO SS 1LE
6.2L LT1 V8 rated at 455 horsepower, and 6-speed manual transmission
Magnetic Ride Control
Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
Unique forged-aluminum wheels paired with summer-only 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires†
Summer-only Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires† with a compound and construction developed exclusively for Camaro
Brembo brakes with new 6-piston monobloc front calipers and 2-piece rotors
Track cooling package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
Dual-mode exhaust system
Available RECARO® front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
Satin black hood, front splitter and unique 3-piece rear spoiler
Available Performance Data Recorder
+1000 Thanks
If Ford can work out getting track durable entry level offering out there Im in.
Oil, trans, diff coolers
Seats that support 6'3"+ w helmet
Seats that support 6 point harness
PDR with telemetry/logging that can be contributed back to Ford if they want data for later mining/durability
Not sure about magride re durability
If magride, also adjustable ride height?
Or adjustable height 2way factory shocks/struts?
(Example: M2 available w factory installed KW2)
KW2,KW3, Bilstein, Sachs?
Or other adjustable height coilovers?
camber plates, rear camber links etc for quick change at track to track camber

I know this sounds like blasphemy but....
I wish Ford and GM would agree to do joint test sessions with their entry level track durable offerings and get them to lap dead even so we can have a mixed Stang Camaro class.
Simple spec: 2hrs lapping, +\- one car length. Lol.
Do this for V8 and budget nonV8.
Would think this would be a marketing win win both companies.

Not sure if the clock is running out on IC engines...

Last edited:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
+1000 Thanks
If Ford can work out getting track durable entry level offering out there Im in.
Oil, trans, diff coolers
Seats that support 6'3"+ w helmet
Seats that support 6 point harness
PDR with telemetry/logging that can be contributed back to Ford if they want data for later mining/durability
Not sure about magride re durability
If magride, also adjustable ride height?
Or adjustable height 2way factory shocks/struts?
(Example: M2 available w factory installed KW2)
KW2,KW3, Bilstein, Sachs?
Or other adjustable height coilovers?
camber plates, rear camber links etc for quick change at track to track camber

I know this sounds like blasphemy but....
I wish Ford and GM would agree to do joint test sessions with their entry level track durable offerings and get them to lap dead even so we can have a mixed Stang Camaro class.
Simple spec: 2hrs lapping, +\- one car length. Lol.
Do this for V8 and budget nonV8.
Would think this would be a marketing win win both companies.

Not sure if the clock is running out on IC engines...

Seats that support 6'3"with a helmet are going to be tough, or expensive. They could get the seat a little lower by either omitting the some seat adjustment functionality with a lower fixed seat frame to seat track stanchions. Or a true racing seat option.

Ford uses the same core seat structure from the Fusion to the GT350R.

A factory SCCA package would be sweet. I think the mustang would still lag a little bit in the power to weight, specifically weight category.

But a SCCA package would level set, and show the unique attributes of each car that fall outside SCCA package components.

I don't see the IC time being limited in the sports car arena within the next 10 years. But electric cars have alot of advantages over IC specifically in terms of lower lifetime operating costs and maintenance.

With big pushes by Tesla, VW, and other "Evil" German brands to bolster the infrastructure for electric cars their pros will continue to grow.

If you can get a Bullitt with a PP2 I might be tempted to trade up to a 18. But realistically I think I'll either wait for S650, or get a GT350.

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Here is my guess on what the PP2 will be based on some recent pictures, the order guide clues, and the competition of the camaro 1LE:

First, to get PP2, you have to get either the 301A or 401A package. I think it will have the dark tarnish stainless wheels discussed here, the black spoiler in the pics shown on the previous page, the carbon package with recaros, active exhaust, magna ride, 6 speed, maybe a more aggressive front splitter which can be seen on some recent test mules, and maybe a unique stripe package or blacked out hood to match the black spoiler. The PP2 is rumored to cost around $6k. If you take the PP1 + the active exhaust + magna ride, you're right around 6 grand. Also, so far I haven't seen any info in the order guides for GT stripes or graphics. My guess is that Ford will differentiate between the various models with unique stripes. GT350 get the dual racing stripes, ecoboost get those fender stripes, GTs get no stripes, and PP2 may get some blacked out hoods or a unique stripe. There are a couple pics of some early pre production models sporting a single stripe down the center, but I haven't seen that offered/listed anywhere. If it gets the black spoiler shown in these pics in this thread which is different than the black accent package spoiler, im willimg to bet that the PP2 will have something to tie that into like a stripe or black hood like the camaro. They could even call the PP2 a Mach 1 which would make sense since the Mach 1 would fit nicely between the standard GT and the GT350. Basically, standard drivetrain with track oriented suspension and wheels plus some additional coolers for track reliability. Just my guess based on what I've seen and read. Could also be a Bullitt, but not everyone wants a green mustang. More sales opportunities with the Mach 1 if in fact they decided to call the PP2 something else.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
These rims remind me of the RTR rims

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Regardless of what the PP2 ends up being, my guess is that dealers will be marking up the price or at least not budging from MSRP. I'm waiting a year or so when the prices fall and they start pushing rebates like they always do. I just need to be patient!! :p

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
@Cgocifer that's the reason I jumped on this generation. I couldn't pass up $4k in incentives. Hopefully you don't have to wait 3 years for the next refresh for good incentives.
Sponsored