First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
$2,200 for

• 12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with MyColor®
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Premier Trim with Color Accent Group – Hand Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot; Premium Floormats with Accent Stitch; Color-accented Leather-trimmed Seats; “Linked Graphite” Aluminum Instrument Panel; Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch; Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
• SYNC® Connect
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®

Seems like a rip-off. Before you could get Premier separately for merely $395 but now you have to pay for it in the package.

Would you order one in 401A?
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Heated steering wheel is probably the most luxurious option ever for a car.....just saying!

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Definitely a rip-off, but Ford has made it clear that they weren't happy with the profit margins on the 15-17 models. Basically everything has gone up.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Seems like a ripoff now. No more BLIS or subwoofer included. The new instrument cluster would be nice but not for that price.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Expensive package for sure but not unreasonable if you breakdown the costs:

$2200 401A Package
~$400 premier trim (based on 15-17' pricing)
~$800 voice activated navigation and SAT radio (based on 15-17' pricing)
~$300? heated steering wheel
~$700? 12" digital cluster

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just like how the Performance Package has gone up $1000. Sure, you are getting better tires and a wing, but ultimately Ford will make more money off this $4000 PP as opposed to the previous $3000 PP.

More than likely, Ford probably feels like they have been leaving money on the table when it comes to the Mustang. So many people have gotten 15-17 Mustangs for an absolute steal of a price.

Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Just like how the Performance Package has gone up $1000. Sure, you are getting better tires and a wing, but ultimately Ford will make more money off this $4000 PP as opposed to the previous $3000 PP.

More than likely, Ford probably feels like they have been leaving money on the table when it comes to the Mustang. So many people have gotten 15-17 Mustangs for an absolute steal of a price.

Loving my '15 GT more and more!:amen:

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP

I struggled with whether to buy a '17 or '18 and ultimately ended up with a '17 401a/PP before the pricing came out on '18s. Now I feel like I dodged a bullet on that!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy that I ordered my '18 and hopefully, will receive it in November/December.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Piece it out like [MENTION=24259]Coconut[/MENTION] said and it's not really a rip off. Most people see the heated steering as superfluous and if it was replaced with memory seats I think it would change a lot of people's tune. The digital dash is one of the big selling points of the 2018, but with the price increases I've seen people choosing PP w/Magneride or 401A. Not a ton of people are getting both.

The same people saying $2200 is not worth those additions are going to spend $1200-$1500 installing the aftermarket digital dash the first chance they get. Everyone rationalizes things differently. Could you get a collection of after market parts that equal performance of the Performance Pack for a cheaper price than from Ford? Yea, but a lot of people woukd rather have it all included and under warranty from Ford. Same for Digital Dash.

Choose whatever makes you the happiest, but don't let people influence your opinion with emotion not supported by facts. Some people's main concern is rationalizing their own purchases or lack thereof, by leading others into decisions they have made but ultimately regret.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I wish there was another way to get the heated steering wheel. Laugh all you want - but for 6 months out of the year where I live, having your hands directly heated by the wheel is one of the best things ever.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to end up with 401A. I'm not all that bummed - the digital cluster is really growing on me.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Expensive package for sure but not unreasonable if you breakdown the costs:

$2200 401A Package
~$400 premier trim (based on 15-17' pricing)
~$800 voice activated navigation and SAT radio (based on 15-17' pricing)
~$300? heated steering wheel
~$700? 12" digital cluster
Let's face it, it's really $2K for the 12" cluster and $200 for everything else. No doubt each of these option packages are huge cash cows for Ford (and Porsche and BMW) and dramatically increase the margin.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We don't need to establish that the '18 is a better car than the '15-'17. Unless something ridiculous comes out of the '18s, it is going to objectively be the better car.

But we have to keep in mind that the price is rising across the board for the '18. Ford wants higher margins. Ford wants more money. Ford is going to get it with these '18s.

If I had more cash laying around, I definitely would have waited for an '18. It's the better car. But there are '17s available right now for an absolute steal. To me the extra cash doesn't justify the improvements on the '18. If I made more money (or had less bills) I would probably be saying differently.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a rip-off. Before you could get Premier separately for merely

Would you order one in 401A?
No. I wish we could learn from the 1980s that digital gauges are terrible. Anyway, ordering the carbon sport package would be my preference for the interior.