Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The 10spd auto sounds soul sucking (the writer even alikened it to a CVT...). I will stick with the ancient transmission.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mustang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 1
I just don't like it. Saw it at the NY Auto Show face to face with the 2017 and it wasn't close.
I loved every change since the Fifth generation until this one.:tsk:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This isn't a new rule....it's been there, along with all the others, for a long time. There's a "rules" sticky in every section.

We don't put up with V6 or Ecoboost bashing, and we won't put up with '18MY bashing once they get into the hands of customers........and members of this forum.
But since it's not in anyone's hands yet. I can bash the living sh!t out of it......right?

Just kidding I actually like the refresh.:D

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I'm loving the look of the 2018!! Including many of the initial design sketches!
IMG_0001.JPG

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I hope I get better wheels than that, they are not even round.
It has already been curb'ed at a C&C event, apparently... they must have taken this picture with it reflecting in one of those carnival silly mirrors.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
But since it's not in anyone's hands yet. I can bash the living sh!t out of it......right?
Just kidding I actually like the refresh.:D
LOL! :lol::lol: I think the refresh looks nice in many aspects, but I still feel that it is a slight step back from the 2015. It does look more modern in some ways, but the proportions do not fit as well. Still a nice looking car, but the 2015 to me looks slightly better as a whole. I guess that is good that I feel that way, because I have no intention of switching my car for a very long time. Also, I like having the connection to the Mustang heritage with the 50yr badges and seats, even if it is not an LE. :ford: The extra performance is also not an issue for me, as my car still feels like a rocket every time I get into it... probably will get the Power Pack 2 at some point to help with low end grunt, but not because it feels too slow today.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm loving the look of the 2018!! Including many of the initial design sketches!
This sketch brings up an interesting point. For some reason back in automotive design sketch school, they teach all the students to design concept cars with high waistlines, low roofs, and skinny unusable windows. Fortunately, in most cases that gets fixed somewhere between concept and production, and fortunately the actual Mustang does not look like this.

To me it seems that GM took on the challenge and built the 6G Camaro to actually look like the concept design and it's not better for it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Still looks like it lost aggression up front. That yellow car looks less imposing on the road than the 15-17 from every angle except the side.

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
Spotted this yellow PP recently.*
Is it just me or that rear tire in the first picture looks wider than 275? I thought the PP setup on '18 was 255/275

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
The car definitely looks the worst in shots from high above. Looks great facing directly at the hood line from the 3/4 and side shots
Sponsored