Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was all in on a C7 til I actually sat in one! Horrible little uncomfortable car. I don't care how good it performs. My big ass just doesn't fit in a Vette.:tsk:
My legs are too long, I almost killed myself getting in and out of one. Maybe if I was wearing shorts, but no thanks. At least when I got in it was OK.

I remember really wanting the last (rounded/3rd) version of the Mazda RX7. I could get in it, but I couldn't close the door, my knee and the inside of the door wanted to occupy the same space, and I had to give up on that dream.
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ford trying to be like Apple

*yawn,* when they gonna give us some more info? I hope we don't have to wait until June to see how much this thing will cost.
Yeah I feel the same way. Waiting for a Ford rep to come out and say "And one more thing"..... :rant:

:lol:

:ford:

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Are there any good pics of the Ecoboost tail light panel? I'm wondering if if it has the same style of indentation that the GT panel has running through the middle of it. It might look really good with the pony!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Are there any good pics of the Ecoboost tail light panel? I'm wondering if if it has the same style of indentation that the GT panel has running through the middle of it. It might look really good with the pony!
Here you go:
fordhq07.jpg
washington08.jpg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Finally saw the 18 in person at the Pittsburgh Auto Show last night. Definitely looks better to me in person but I still prefer the 2015-2017 looks. A couple interesting things I noticed about this 2018 EcoBoost Convertible. First, the grill in the front wasn't gloss black like all the other 2018s I've seen pictures of and I think the matte black trim helped to make it look better actually. Another thing is that I really don't like the tail lights, too busy with the angles and it actually seems like now the individual bars don't stick out as far as they do on my 2016, which I really love. Lastly, this car didn't have the digital gauge cluster but I didn't have good enough zoom and the dash was too dark to try and make out any changes to the analog gauges or their font. FWIW.
IMG_1276.jpg
IMG_1278.jpg
IMG_1277.jpg

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I really don't like the tail lights, too busy with the angles
attachment.jpg
Agreed . . . though once I'm in the driver's seat I wouldn't see it or even think about it. Be somebody else's problem, at least until wash time.

I've overlooked bigger 'flaws' before . . . with the same thinking.

Norm

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Agreed . . . though once I'm in the driver's seat I wouldn't see it or even think about it. Be somebody else's problem, at least until wash time.

Norm
Yeah I mean they're not awful but walking out to my garage everyday I walk around the back and admire the tail lights on my 16 just about every time I hop in it.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
Past mustangs differentiate between V6 and GT from the fog lamps. The most noticeable was the S197 I and II with the grille fog lamps and different lower front bumper. The S550 difference is less noticeable. The GT has the fangs and hood vents. This new one; I can see the EB now has hood vents. Is the lack of fangs the only difference between the EB and GT for the 2018s?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great photos, Matt :)

I like the tails......if the '65/'66 tails are the '15/'17........

Then the '67/'68 tails are the '18-'20 :)

In fact, with the increased angle on the front end, I really do thing the '18 has taken inspiration from the '67 changes over the '66 :)

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Tail Lights

I've overlooked bigger 'flaws' before . . . with the same thinking.

Norm
Could we just swap them out for the 2015-2017 Tail Lights? :shrug:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I didn't realize there were that many people who didn't like the tails. I think they look no better or worse so far, just difference (but being more complex and angular, they might not age as well). My only problem remains the droopy front... but I'm still going to withhold judgment until I see it in person.

On paper, everything else this car offers is a fantastic improvement. If they only offered an in-dash camera and performance recording system like in the C7 Vette, this would possibly be the absolute perfect everyday sports car to me.

... On that note, I can't be the only one that wants built-in dash cams, right? I'm consistently disappointed (and a little surprised) how few manufacturers offer that. To me it seems like such an obvious improvement. Sure there's plenty of after-market dash cam solutions, but factory ones are preferable IMO for many reasons. And even if you're not going to the track, things like valet mode or just recording day-to-day driving are super useful.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I didn't realize there were that many people who didn't like the tails. I think they look no better or worse so far, just difference (but being more complex and angular, they might not age as well). My only problem remains the droopy front... but I'm still going to withhold judgment until I see it in person.

On paper, everything else this car offers is a fantastic improvement. If they only offered an in-dash camera and performance recording system like in the C7 Vette, this would possibly be the absolute perfect everyday sports car to me.

... On that note, I can't be the only one that wants built-in dash cams, right? I'm consistently disappointed (and a little surprised) how few manufacturers offer that. To me it seems like such an obvious improvement. Sure there's plenty of after-market dash cam solutions, but factory ones are preferable IMO for many reasons. And even if you're not going to the track, things like valet mode or just recording day-to-day driving are super useful.
From information already published, Ford may rely on the OBD/Sync 3 system and use the owners smart phone and app for track duty instead of paying (quite a bit) for a built-in on board system.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-app-will-let-ford-gt-fans-save-and-share-their-track-exploits/

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Oh so ecoboost only get dual exhaust for 2018 and GT get quads, but I thought I saw somewhere that ecoboost also lacked hood vents, but the recent photos of the ecoboost convertible show that the vents carry over all trims?
Sponsored