Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So, judging by the amount of cladding, it would appear that the rear decklid has changed as well. I believe this is what is throwing off the flow of the rear quarter panels, making them appear higher. As to the rear quater windows, it is apparent that the "dimples" in the camoflage are transparent in this area. You can see the overlap. All I can tell is that the rear pillar profile is unchanged. I'm not sure about the glass.
Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I'm eager to see the 2018 for real. Still interested in a Mach 1 edition.

Hopefully the focus is on body panels properly fitted, eliminate the hood flutter and stop moisture ingression around the door window seals. Doesn't look like they corrected (lowered) the front suspension height.

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Anxiously waiting to see more on the refresh. But i'm hoping they don't screw around with the rear too much. I don't really have any issues with the current design.

spc83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ Black w/ PP
Big question for me is if there will be any weight savings or do we have to wait until the complete refresh? Also a little bit beefier rear brake would be nice. Style is always objective but I like how my 15 GT PP looks so i'll be interested to see how they tweak the design

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Anybody else see a single centered lower grill vertical support? Instead of a left and right support?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
With the whole car covered, maybe they have a new color for next year.

The mirrors appear to be a non-tech package. Does the base car have no GPS/Sirius Antenna on the roof?

Hood is lower in the middle, but still higher than the 350 and appears to cover the wipers more completely.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Once this is revealed, how long will you still be able to factory order a 2017? I was ready to order a '17 by years' end since my daughter needs a car by then (I'm giving her my '06 GT}, but I'm willing to push it back a bit to see if I prefer the 2018. But if I don't like it, I still want to be able to order the 2017, especially if they get rid of the 20" Foundry rims for the '18 - I must have them on Magnetic.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Once this is revealed, how long will you still be able to factory order a 2017? I was ready to order a '17 by years' end since my daughter needs a car by then (I'm giving her my '06 GT}, but I'm willing to push it back a bit to see if I prefer the 2018. But if I don't like it, I still want to be able to order the 2017, especially if they get rid of the 20" Foundry rims for the '18 - I must have them on Magnetic.
Order banks will close at the end of May.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Anyone else think it looks more like the 2014 style? It looks a lot less sleeker I think. Looks totally different then the side profile of a 2015, looks like a 2014 profile to me.
Thought so too. This prototype appears to have harder angles and straighter edges, like a 16' Camaro. I'm hoping it's just the camo.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I personally really like the hood 'ridges', as it's very different and gives the car character. It looks menacing from inside.
I couldn't agree more. That styling element helps to set the car apart. Also, a flat hood won't have as much rigidity. This makes me ask how they are dealing with engine clearances. The V6 already has a redesigned intake to clear the hood. Maybe the engine is a bit lower?

Please Ford, just don't go to plain vanilla GM "styling" (Corvette excluded)
Sponsored