SurfOrFight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Auto Ruby Red 2016
Vehicle Showcase
No issues with mine except a minor scratch on the driver side wing on delivery and I'm a picky bastard. I would say that panel alignment is no more than 1 - 2 mm out anywhere and certainly not an issue. :cool:

Paint has been holding up well with the adoption of the pre-wash pressure wash 2 bucket method; paint swirls are very minimal after 16 months 3700 miles.:love:
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
What do you mean, "shadow" please? Where is it??
On the upper rear near side ‘haunch’ (its a vert) there is a shadow in the paint about the size of an iPhone i.e. it looks a bit darker. It’s very hard to see and only visible in certain light.

Last edited:

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red ecoboost with custon pack
Pretty sure
i've got a shadow in a similar location. Not always obvious. I had 2 misaligned panels which have both been rectified. The bonnet and boot lid.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I think Ford are an equal opportunity employer. The chap who aligned the panels on the passenger side of the car was great, sadly the chap who did the other side was blind. I havent bothered the dealer with it, i reckon there is a good chance they will just make it worse. I dont think all US car makers do this, it seems my Wrangler and Corvette were built by fully sighted people. Its so nice to know Ford give everyone a job, no matter their level of skill

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Panel alignment on mine is pretty good and I'm highly critical about this aspect (I once spent a whole day shimming my E Type bonnet to get the gaps even all round).

Yes, its pretty good now after I fixed the front hood centre pinch which was dire - about 5mm depressed in the centre.

(Note correct use of terminology - "bonnet" for British car, "hood" for American :D - I'm learning!)

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not seen anything on mine, so I won't look, other wise I'll notice it every time I look.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I had to have the boot realigned as it was crashing into the bumper every time I shut it, but try to take Gr11M's approach..

... won't look, other wise I'll notice it every time I look.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Mines quite straight. The gaps look OK. But there was 2 scuffs on the bodywork one on the near side rear wheel arch and one on the trim round the offside rear quarter window. The car was also covered in black crap. Looked like overspray and had to be taken off with a clay bar.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Mines quite straight. The gaps look OK. But there was 2 scuffs on the bodywork one on the near side rear wheel arch and one on the trim round the offside rear quarter window. The car was also covered in black crap. Looked like overspray and had to be taken off with a clay bar.
Oh yeah, I forgot.. mine also has the black crap all over it!!:headbang::headbang:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My paint was fantastic, panel alignment was not great but Ford UK fixed it to the point of me being happy with it.

Unfortunately the Americans can't line up panels, the Focus RS which is built in Spain has no such issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the Americans can't line up panels, the Focus RS which is built in Spain has no such issues.
Focus RS engine is Spanish, car is actually built in Germany Gibbo.

Funnily, a lot of RS' have black spots all over them which also require clay barring off?? Ask me how I know!! :frusty:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Focus RS engine is Spanish, car is actually built in Germany Gibbo.

Funnily, a lot of RS' have black spots all over them which also require clay barring off?? Ask me how I know!! :frusty:
Still EU and well the Europeans can line up panels, the yanks, particular the ones at Flat Rock seemingly can not, LOL.

Black spots, maybe underseal over spray, if it comes off with a clay bar no big issue, though you should not need to do so.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still EU and well the Europeans can line up panels, the yanks, particular the ones at Flat Rock seemingly can not, LOL.

Black spots, maybe underseal over spray, if it comes off with a clay bar no big issue, though you should not need to do so.
Ha ha ha you're right Gibbo, they seem to just chuck em on and be done with it!! I'm sure my 2008 car was better, which begs the question.. "Do they get sloppy when they build RHD cars cos they know it's going half way round the world so there will never be any come back"??

I agree with your underseal theory, only the RS appears to have none on it?? If it did it probably wouldn't be all over the exhaust though.. which opens another hornets nest eh!!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt

Strange thing is the black crap was on areas covered by the plastic wrap for instance the bonnet (hood) :shrug:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strange thing is the black crap was on areas covered by the plastic wrap for instance the bonnet (hood) :shrug:
Good point!!
Sponsored