Sponsored

nGauge tune not found?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Ordered my nGauge from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] with JLT. Received tune from Lund and copied it into the custom files directory just fine. When I connect the nGauge to the car and navigate over to "Load Tune", the nGauge says no tunes found. Went back, reconnected to my computer and see the tune file where it's supposed to be.

Anyone have this happen and get it resolved? I've emailed Lund, but it's Saturday ...
Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Firmware update maybe?

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Good idea. Says it has FW version 228, which is newer than anything I can find on Lund's site.

Mine has 228. Is the tune file in .csv format on the nGUAGE?

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
No, it's a binary .cef file.
Mine is .enc - 3.87MB

Perhaps something didn't go right when you tranferred from email to computer. Windows?

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Mine is .enc - 3.87MB

Perhaps something didn't go right when you tranferred from email to computer. Windows?
Hmmm... the email from lund has a link to their support download page, and it's definitely a .cef file. Just re-checked and re-downloaded through a different browser. The file it grabbed is binary, and it's only 2.6MB.

Guess we'll figure it out tomorrow. :frusty: Lesson learned - if you're going to get a tune over the internet, try it out during the week while people are working.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
:headbonk:Looking at the file in a hex viewer, the first characters of the file are "SCT"... looks like Lund sent me an SCT tune.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
According to the support page it should be .enc - Right click on the file that came in your email, or on your Lund support request page and click properties to see what extention the file is they sent.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
According to the support page it should be .enc - Right click on the file that came in your email, or on your Lund support request page and click properties to see what extention the file is they sent.
It's a .cef file. Their support page for the SCT tuner mentions .cef tune file. They sent a tune for an SCT. Mystery solved.

The instructions for the JLT airbox say to install the tune first. Now I know why. :D:doh:

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Ooops..... Email them asap so as to get a quick response, and hopefully it will get straightened out no later than tomorrow. It'll be well worth the temporary frustration...i know the feeling.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sometimes when you copy and paste the file name to the customes file folder, it deosn't show up, i think because it's too long

try renaming the file to something small like lundtune1 orsomething like that

then paste in ,see if that does it

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Update on this... Lund sent me an nGauge tune, and I *think* I got it programmed OK. I will say this nGauge is not as intuitive to use as the Accessport, by an order of magnitude. Ran out of time on my lunch break to mess with it - still trying to get it to show me some gauges. It's like everything I do, it tries to save vehicle config, erase vehicle config, then decides it's going to power off.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Update on this... Lund sent me an nGauge tune, and I *think* I got it programmed OK. I will say this nGauge is not as intuitive to use as the Accessport, by an order of magnitude. Ran out of time on my lunch break to mess with it - still trying to get it to show me some gauges. It's like everything I do, it tries to save vehicle config, erase vehicle config, then decides it's going to power off.
you can change what voltage it powers off at if you like it to stay on longer

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
you can change what voltage it powers off at if you like it to stay on longer
Yeah, I have yet to customize anything on it. Did take a quick break to go around the block. Gauges working now. :cheers: Gotta find some time/place to do logging without going to jail. :ford: Too bad it's hotter than a nut sack out here today.
Sponsored