Sponsored

Magneride shock replacement

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've been working on adding the coolers to my car and I noticed that one of my front shocks is weeping fluid.

My question is - am I wrong to assume these shocks should be replaced in pairs?
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would recommend replacement of shocks in pairs on high mileage vehicles where you would expect a lot of wear on all of the suspension components. On a low mileage vehicle still under warranty I would suspect the manufacturer would instruct the dealer tech to only replace the affected component.

When I worked for Mercedes there were specific items that if failed they would instruct us to replace the components in pairs sometimes including suspension struts. However the majority of the time they told us to only replace the faulty component by itself.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There's a guy on one of the FB groups that had his suspension make a lot of noise when compressed by pushing on the rear on one of the sides. They warrantied both sides. I suspect they'd do the same in this case.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would think 15,000 miles is enough to make the used and new parts operate differently. I will see what happens.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
It happens... are replacement Magneride dampers easy to acquire ? I would think this is a dealer problem for sure.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It happens... are replacement Magneride dampers easy to acquire ? I would think this is a dealer problem for sure.
I will post up about what happens as soon as I can take it in to the dealer. Currently I'm still buttoning up the last couple things from the rear diff cooler install. Not sure whether I'll have it done today or whether it will end up being next weekend.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i had leaking mag shocks on my CTSV, the 2011 i had was lowered and it blew the shocks out 3 times, they warranty twice thirst time i paid a chunk of money. My 2012 also leaked minor but i sold the car and i didn't lower the 2012. My friends Ferrari started leaking on one shock and the dealer replaced both rears for $10k, ferrari premium. if the ride height isnt messed with they shouldn't leak, i think the shocks are made in Mexico by BWI Group for all cars using this technology.
Sponsored