2017 Ford GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (White/Blue Stripes)
Just got my 2017 GT350...

Love it! Picked it over a Z06/Z07 and Hellcat. Such a unique car and especially the engine. My 74 year old father has a 2016 Ferrari F12 (One of the best sounding cars in the world) and the 2 of them together is something to hear!

I'm going to need some suggestions on Mods! I know I'll get bet up by most, but I'm considering a procharger. I've had some ridiculously fast cars in the past, (888 RWHP TT-Vette, 678 RWHP NA Superformance Cobra, and a 641-RWHP NA '67 Mustang Fastback) so this car feels a little under-powered to me, especially on the low-end torque side. However, it does everything else so well I still had to have it.

I'd rather keep it NA, but I don't know if I can get the performance out of it that I'd like. I know it's a track car and it's not a race car, but I'm going to drive this baby a lot, and only I will only do 1 or 2 track days a year.

So I was debating the standard mods (Cold Air intake, Exhaust (Probably Borla), Tune, and 4.09 Gears. With a spare set of wheels with Cup II tires.
Vs.
Just going straight to the Pro-Charger Kit. I like the driveability the Supercharger brings, but realize to keep the reliability I'm only looking at adding 6-7 lbs. of boost. But even at that low boost your still looking at 700+ HP at the crank.
GT350 and F12.jpg
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure Intake and Exhaust will bring you much... This car is already tuned to it's best from factory. Ok, gears will yield some acceleration, but you lose on top speed.
I also hate how the Borla sounds on the GT350. I think the stock exhaust is nicer.

If you want more power you can feel, I am afraid it has to be supercharging.
To me the car is great as is, and I can't afford any failures not covered by warranty...

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Love that F12! Maybe when the kid gets out of college...

One of the draws of this car was the NA aspect of it, but that's just my personal preference. I think a supercharger would be a lot of fun on this car, but I'm not sure how much testing anyone has done with one on a track. I'm guessing heat soak and general heat abating abilities of the car as a whole with it on could be problematic.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think if you are used to the higher HP cars you probably won't be happy until it's supercharge. With this car though, the big draw for me was the NA side of it.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you're more of a straight line guy. Go for the procharger. Just make sure to upgrade the oil pump gears and crank gear during the install. Have fun!

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Here's some REAL ADVICE. Leave the car stock for 6 months or so and enjoy it for what it is. If you absolutely have to have that level of HP, sell it and buy a '13/'14 GT500 or a Hellcat.

I owned '09, '11, '13 and '14 GT500s, so I get the HP thing. The GT350 is a very different car though, and I would take the time to get to know it for what it is before jumping on the "moar powah" wagon.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Leave the car as it is and lease a Hellcat for $600 a month for 3 years. Keep the warranty on the Shelby and the drive it like you stole it!!! With supporting mods and install etc the procharger kit will probably will cost you 12-13k (I might be wrong on this but probably close). Hellcat will cost you around 21k excluding running cost but you would have 2 amazing cars.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congrats on the new car! The engine is a monster! You'll never get used to the shitty clutch if you have driven cars with good clutches. That was my only real complaint about the 2017 GT350.

I had both a Hellcat and the GT350 for a short period of time. They are completely different animals. Both really meant for different purposes. Yes, you can drive both as a daily driver but the GT350 is more of road race car where the Hellcat is more of a 1/4 mile car.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Leave the car as it is and lease a Hellcat for $600 a month for 3 years. Keep the warranty on the Shelby and the drive it like you stole it!!! With supporting mods and install etc the procharger kit will probably will cost you 12-13k (I might be wrong on this but probably close). Hellcat will cost you around 21k excluding running cost but you would have 2 amazing cars.
FYI, 499 per month with 2900 down and 12k per year for 36 months on a 2016 HC is what some are getting.

I agree that leaving the GT350 stock is probably a good idea. No one really knows how reliable these engines will be long term. Not sure I'd want a 20k bill for replacing an engine. I also think your 11-13k for an installed SC and supporting mods is really close. That is about what it cost me to have a Novi 1500 and supporting mods (Headers, Methanol and tune) on a C7.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
You know, May is a perfect month for a road trip from St. Louis to Indy. While you're here, swing by the shop in the thread below and talk to them about your options. They can pretty much build you whatever you want in terms of forced induction, if that's how you want to go, and just look at the quality of their work! (I have no affiliation whatsoever with these guys, I just know that "Fathouse" has come a LONG way since the days of street legal drags at Indianapolis Raceway Park in the early 2000's, where I first met him, and he's built an impressive reputation for quality.)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79636

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Keep the GT350 stock, drive it around and enjoy it, then when the new GT500 comes out, trade up for that.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
FYI, 499 per month with 2900 down and 12k per year for 36 months on a 2016 HC is what some are getting.

I agree that leaving the GT350 stock is probably a good idea. No one really knows how reliable these engines will be long term. Not sure I'd want a 20k bill for replacing an engine. I also think your 11-13k for an installed SC and supporting mods is really close. That is about what it cost me to have a Novi 1500 and supporting mods (Headers, Methanol and tune) on a C7.
I got one of the $499 deals but they are not really easy to find. Did you modify the Black one already? If I remember correctly I saw a post from you with a dyno sheet putting down stupid amount of power lol.

My dream garage would be a GT350/Hellcat right now given what I can afford at this age. Would leave them both stock for the reason you mentioned this platform being new and the SC issues with the kitty. But my wife would also kill me if I get a second non practical car :(.

OP your father also has great taste in cars, imho F12 is the most beautiful car money can buy.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I got one of the $499 deals but they are not really easy to find. Did you modify the Black one already? If I remember correctly I saw a post from you with a dyno sheet putting down stupid amount of power lol.
They are hard to get for 499 a month, but possible as you know. 599 is the current Chrysler Financial deal.

The only mods done to the HC you are referring to were BWoody intake and mid muffler delete. Yes, it put down 732 RWHP with only those 2 mods neither of which should add any real power. I'll be dyno'ing our second HC in a few weeks on the same dyno. Will be interesting to see the difference but a dyno is just a tool so I don't put too much stock in it.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Here's some REAL ADVICE. Leave the car stock for 6 months or so and enjoy it for what it is. If you absolutely have to have that level of HP, sell it and buy a '13/'14 GT500 or a Hellcat.

I owned '09, '11, '13 and '14 GT500s, so I get the HP thing. The GT350 is a very different car though, and I would take the time to get to know it for what it is before jumping on the "moar powah" wagon.
IMO this is spot on. The voodoo is tuned to have a stout power band above 5K were you spend your time on the track. The torque numbers are ok but it's actually a tad lazy down low for a 5.2 Litre car. As others have noted this is track day special aimed at the Germans. I think some of the other iterations of the Shelby may be closer to what you described..

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Break it in the way you are suppose to. Keep it stock. Then let it rip. You may be surprised? Ive been in more than a few gt350's including a couple of "R"s. Every car runs different for whatever reason. My car runs very very strong with no low end lack of power. My car is stock and will remain that way because I don't think it needs any performance help. I just think every car is different. Keep it stock, enjoy and then make any changes. Good Lucy, enjoy!
Sponsored