Sponsored

My Radiator Needs to be Replaced

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
So, when the dealer was replacing the oil cooler lines for the recall, the tech noticed some radiator fluid in the splitter/cover when he removed it.* Long story short, my radiator has a small pinhole leak in it.* I hadn't noticed it, because all the coolant was trapped in the splitter/cover and not leaking onto the garage floor.* The tech said he thought it was a manufacturing defect.* The leak is on the extreme passenger side, about halfway up on the radiator.* There was some slight discoloration on the radiator where the fluid was leaking out.* Just posting this so others are on the lookout for a similar problem on their cars.* According to the dealer, the radiator will have to be replaced -- it'll be here on Tuesday.

Scott
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
First time I've heard of a defective radiator on a GT350. Is the leak where the core and end tank meet?

OP
OP

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
First time I've heard of a defective radiator on a GT350. Is the leak where the core and end tank meet?
The leak is on the extreme passenger side edge straight down from the expansion tank, but on the front of the radiator. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
It appears I have a similar problem after 1 1/2 years of ownership.
IMG_3257.jpg
Sponsored