Sponsored

SYNC 3 plus Apple CarPlay update

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Own a 2016 Tech. Anyone know if there is a way to upgrade to SYNC 3 plus Apple CarPlay?
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's all laid out in a number of threads in the audio forums.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You need to upgrade the USB hub for the CarPlay to work.

Sponsored

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Own a 2016 Tech. Anyone know if there is a way to upgrade to SYNC 3 plus Apple CarPlay?
It's really easy...make sure you have your car connected to your home wi-fi and it will OTA update your Sync 3 to the newest software. I ordered my USB module from White Bear Lake Ford they sell all parts at 10% over cost. Replace the USB in the glove box and plug your iphone in and your done! Apple Car Play :thumbsup:

Reactions: TDC

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Would really like to know the details of the process you used. This did not work for me at all. I connected to house wifi but nothing happens. No automatic update begins. What did you do to initiate the update? Was the car running or just in full power accessory mode?

It's really easy...make sure you have your car connected to your home wi-fi and it will OTA update your Sync 3 to the newest software. I ordered my USB module from White Bear Lake Ford they sell all parts at 10% over cost. Replace the USB in the glove box and plug your iphone in and your done! Apple Car Play :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ducatismo

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Would really like to know the details of the process you used. This did not work for me at all. I connected to house wifi but nothing happens. No automatic update begins. What did you do to initiate the update? Was the car running or just in full power accessory mode?
having same issue. tried wifi upgrade and nothing. Then attempted to update via downloaded link and 32gb usb and got "upgrade failure. not enough storage space to proceed." not sure what to do?

Last edited:

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
having same issue. tried bluetooth upgrade and nothing. Then attempted to update via downloaded link and 32gb usb and got "upgrade failure. not enough storage space to proceed." not sure what to do?
Do you have NAV?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
having same issue. tried bluetooth upgrade and nothing. Then attempted to update via downloaded link and 32gb usb and got "upgrade failure. not enough storage space to proceed." not sure what to do?
[MENTION=13582]kratty[/MENTION], did you have automatic updates on? I think there is a 'check for updates' button too.

[MENTION=28613]ducatismo[/MENTION], I've read the USB can't be larger than 16 gib...

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For clarity, the official Ford upgrade has been released..follow link above.
Can this come in as an auto update?

I may have to use an extender to reach my wifi

OP
OP
ducatismo

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
[MENTION=13582]kratty[/MENTION], did you have automatic updates on? I think there is a 'check for updates' button too.

[MENTION=28613]ducatismo[/MENTION], I've read the USB can't be larger than 16 gib...
auto update is on, connected to home wifi and it hasn't updated. Bought the new hub as well. The USB I'm using is 16gb, I believe the update file is only about 1.6gbs.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Can this come in as an auto update?

I may have to use an extender to reach my wifi
It seems that's what others are saying... I'll be giving it a try this afternoon and post what I get.

auto update is on, connected to home wifi and it hasn't updated. Bought the new hub as well. The USB I'm using is 16gb, I believe the update file is only about 1.6gbs.
Humm,,,,I've got nothing... Check out some of the later posts in the link above. You might find something there.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Yes, I have auto updates on. And mine is tech pack w/ nav.
Sponsored