Sponsored

The worst part of the wait?

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
For those that have endured (or are enduring) the near year wait for their cars, what do you think has been the hardest part of the wait?

For me it is:
1. after being built, waiting for the allocation to a ship; and
2. when the Tarago was delayed in Auckland for 3 days and arrived a week after its scheduled arrival.

EDIT: Yes this is basically a soap box
Sponsored

Surrexen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Waiting for the NSC code. Prior to that you are just in limbo with no idea what is going on. At least once you have an NSC code you know the real process has started.

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
Waiting for the NSC code. Prior to that you are just in limbo with no idea what is going on. At least once you have an NSC code you know the real process has started.
Agree with this - took 8 months for me :frusty:

EDIT: Sorry only 7 months for NSC... 8 months for VIN. What great times :lol:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I placed my order knowing the wait time would be 10 to 12 months. It wasn't until the car was built and sitting on the docks that I actually paid a lot of attention, up to this point I had put it to the back of my mind. Once built and then on the boat the whole thing became "real" so to speak. It was this last month or so that was the worst part of the wait. To cap it off, once the car was unloaded in Melbourne, it was then quarantined for about 5 days. Add in a public holiday and CEVA's pathetic abilities, I was a nervous wreck. :frusty::headbonk::crazy: Someone told me "heaven help anyone around you at the moment!!" :lol:

THE WAIT IS WORTH IT THOUGH! :headbang:

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Right now, my car is sitting on a boat in Brisbane harbour.

This is the most excruciating time! I've a weekend away in the NSW Hunter Valley on the 19th May.... And my dealer reckons i wont get my car by then. And i so want it, as I'm heading there with a group of friends.... Several of whom have SS Commodes.... And i so wanted to show Sally off that weekend!

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8 coyote

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Right now, my car is sitting on a boat in Brisbane harbour.

This is the most excruciating time! I've a weekend away in the NSW Hunter Valley on the 19th May.... And my dealer reckons i wont get my car by then. And i so want it, as I'm heading there with a group of friends.... Several of whom have SS Commodes.... And i so wanted to show Sally off that weekend!
I'd be surprised if you don't have it before then. It'll be in Sydney in a few days and then surely it won't take 3 weeks to get to you from the port

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer is doing my stripes, tints, front sensors and bonnet struts. Depends on what those will delay pickup.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Heh your game even letting them do anything to it.
It's Hammo at Sinclair's. He came highly recommended. So yes, i trust them / him!

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
I dare say the worst bit will be when it's sitting at the docks waiting for Ceva to truck it to my dealer. I've been pretty good til now, although I am patient and was told to expect a late 2017 delivery when I ordered. Anything before that is a big bonus for me

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
12 months isn't a long wait...... spoilt bastards haha but seriously, after I ordered mine I went on a hiatus from this site, outta sight, outta mind mentality. Once you learn the ways of tracking your car on here, its all down hill from there as your OCD kicks in where you must know every move your car makes, then frustration sets in when you realise you're not the centre of the universe and Ford US won't ship your car any quicker

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
After you get confirmation that it has been allocated to a ship. This is the first real time you get an ETA on when it will be near you.

Sucks bigtime when it gets stuck off the coast of Auckland haha.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Yeah I agree. Without this you've go no idea what's going on and the only way to get it is from the dealer who may or may not have a clue/be helpful.

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This wait is killing, car was unloaded at Port Kembla on 17/4. Still sitting there. Delivery to me from dealer was brought forward to this weekend but it still hasn't left the dock. Driving me nuts
Sponsored