Auto clunk

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
Hey guys, got a 2017 GT auto. Its got just under 1500km on the clock. For the first time last night after putting the foot down at a set of lights, i got some axle hope... after that i noticed like a clunking noise each time i go into reverse or drive... its like a metal clicking/clunking noise. From reverse to drive and drive to reverse. Its coming from the diff area. Anyone know what that noise might be? Cheers guys...
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Hey guys, got a 2017 GT auto. Its got just under 1500km on the clock. For the first time last night after putting the foot down at a set of lights, i got some axle hope... after that i noticed like a clunking noise each time i go into reverse or drive... its like a metal clicking/clunking noise. From reverse to drive and drive to reverse. Its coming from the diff area. Anyone know what that noise might be? Cheers guys...
Probably your tail shaft. I had mine replaced some time ago. Mine had the clang when going from P to D or D to R. Very common issue, sadly still no definite fix. Mine still clangs but its not as severe. What was worse for me was it would thump against the floor when cruising at H'way speeds, it no longer does this

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ditto, have a metallic 'clunk' when putting it into D or R.
Doesn't happen all the time though.
It appeared early on after getting the car. It's been a year and 15,000km and isn't getting any worse.

OP
OP

OHHHSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT vert & 2018 Fury GT Vert & 2020 grabber Lime GT Vert
So guys, took the car in for few little warranty issues and they said that the clunking/nocking sound is normal... Dropped it in this morning and should pick it up friday. Lets hope they can address all the issues.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mine clinks when going from park to drive or reverse, has done it from around 1500 miles....I'm now on 13k miles hasn't got any worse:)
Sponsored