Sponsored

Steeda tri -ax lever only vs complete tri -ax shifter - any experience?

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
As title says it - is anyone able to compare steeda tri -ax shifting lever on stock trans vs complete tri-ax shifter?

I myself have the tri-ax lever only installed on stock and i have both positive and negative feelings.
Positive is that the shifting is really really short, the knob sits pretty low, ideal for hand, the shifting is harder (but no problem) and really stiff.
My negative is a bit incrase in NVH, mainly in 1-4 gear, lower RPM - there are some higher squeeks, some wheel rotation sound or something like that, hard to describe, sry.
What bothers me more, is that sometimes the shifter "block" some gears - mainly 1-2.
I mean - when car is off, the lever is awesomly smooth, no stuck, really great.
But when you drive, dunno why, there sometimes happends that I just cant easily shift 1 or 2, mostly in downshifts the problem is biggest, and sometimes even when you stay on lights.

That irritates me pretty much, so my question is - can someone compare the full steeda tri-ax shifter and tell me if there is no problem like that?
And same question is for the NVH - is steeda as stock or are there some "new" noises? Since with the lever only they definitly are...

Thank you for reply!!
(I want to stay on steeda shifter, dont need the barton or mgw comparrison .)
Sponsored