Looking for GT350 Valence Friendly 3" Exhaust

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
So I currently have the Ford Racing Borla GT350 Sport Quad Tip with Rear Valence. This is a 2.5" setup that I have connected to my Kooks Long Tube headers. I'm also supercharged pushing over 700whp and it's still raspy after installing an H pipe, but better! I'm looking for a 3" setup that connects to my Kooks long tubes and still uses the GT350 rear valence and is convertible friendly(underside support braces). Any suggestions?
Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've read that the GT350 catback is complete bolt onto a GT with a GT350 diffuser, except for the portion that connects to the cat. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I too was thinking about switching from the FRPP Sport (for GT350 diffuser) to a GT350 Borla ATAK or GT350 Corsa Xtreme axle back.

SienarSystems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1 1LE
Why not just complete your Kooks system? I believe they have a dual tip muffler option and you'd be 3" all the way back from the headers. Plus the Kooks would be a direct connect to their headers.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You can generally use any of the 3" GT350 catbacks, but convertible friendly will be hard as there is no GT350 convertible so those exhaust may or may not work with the extra bracing; the 3" takes up more space and the 350 catbacks have different bends.

The convertible aspect may be the hard part. The 3" for GT350 valence is easy.

Last edited:

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So I currently have the Ford Racing Borla GT350 Sport Quad Tip with Rear Valence. This is a 2.5" setup that I have connected to my Kooks Long Tube headers. I'm also supercharged pushing over 700whp and it's still raspy after installing an H pipe, but better! I'm looking for a 3" setup that connects to my Kooks long tubes and still uses the GT350 rear valence and is convertible friendly(underside support braces). Any suggestions?
Do you have a video of your exhaust. I am getting the borla sport quad and I have o/r kooks headers as well. I am hoping it sounds good. I only found two videos of it and they were not good quality video.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Why not just complete your Kooks system? I believe they have a dual tip muffler option and you'd be 3" all the way back from the headers. Plus the Kooks would be a direct connect to their headers.
I ordered the Kooks 3" Full Exhaust with H Pipe for convertibles. It was the only 3" system I could find that still retained the factory undercarriage bracing. It should be here tomorrow and I'll have it on within an hour of ups dropping it off. I am hopeful this will give me the sound I'm after.
https://www.kooksheaders.com/2015-f...-3-exhaust-system-w-h-pipe-polished-tips.html

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I've read that the GT350 catback is complete bolt onto a GT with a GT350 diffuser, except for the portion that connects to the cat. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I too was thinking about switching from the FRPP Sport (for GT350 diffuser) to a GT350 Borla ATAK or GT350 Corsa Xtreme axle back.
The FRPP Borla GT350 Sport Exhaust has the GT350 valance. I'm hoping the exhaust I ordered will allow me to retain the GT350 valance. There are some real GT350 replacement exhausts that retain the balance but remove the chrome tips attached to the valance. The Kooks exhaust has clamp on polished tips. I can leave them off and see where the muffler lines up with the valance tips or I can remove them and get some different clamp on tips - quad or oval
IMG_4770.JPG
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a video of your exhaust. I am getting the borla sport quad and I have o/r kooks headers as well. I am hoping it sounds good. I only found two videos of it and they were not good quality video.
I don't have any with the Kooks headers. I'm catless and it's very very loud raspy, nasty and I put in a H pipe to tone it down. That helped a little but still between 1800 and 3000 its too harsh. Below that it's fine and above 3000 it sounds great but I have to keep it in the sweet spot to keep it from sounding like a tractor. Keep in mind I'm Supercharger and pushing over 700 to the wheels. I just don't think the FRPP Borla is good with open headers and boost

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The FRPP Borla GT350 Sport Exhaust has the GT350 valance. I'm hoping the exhaust I ordered will allow me to retain the GT350 valance. There are some real GT350 replacement exhausts that retain the balance but remove the chrome tips attached to the valance. The Kooks exhaust has clamp on polished tips. I can leave them off and see where the muffler lines up with the valance tips or I can remove them and get some different clamp on tips - quad or oval
follow this thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78749

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Kooks 3" exhaust today. I had to remove the faux exhaust tips on the GT350 valance and trim the plastic to accommodate the new muffler tips. I will be looking for dual or oval tips to fill up the gaps. Sounds great. I will try to get a video this weekend
IMG_4789.jpg
IMG_4788.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg
Sponsored