Sponsored

Headers worth it?

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
Anyone have the corse sport with catted LTH installed? I really want to know the difference in volume from my xtremes?
Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
i have borla S type catback with ARH catless. pretty quiet for what it looks like on paper. pretty loud if you actually get on it though. the only "bad" thing is the cold start up.

i would actually want to go a tad louder, maybe 1-2 more DBs

haven't done any research, but there's a significant sound difference when i'm running E-85 vs 93 (93 is louder)

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Anyone have the corse sport with catted LTH installed? I really want to know the difference in volume from my xtremes?
I do. It's loud. Search my posts and I've got a YouTube video from a cold start. It's in my garage, but gives you an idea. I try to get the car in gear and out of the garage ASAP so I don't rattle the neighbors too bad. No gas, just let the motor roll it and it calms the cold start down.

Can't even imagine what Extremes sound like. Probably like a straight pipe Harley.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do. It's loud. Search my posts and I've got a YouTube video from a cold start. It's in my garage, but gives you an idea. I try to get the car in gear and out of the garage ASAP so I don't rattle the neighbors too bad. No gas, just let the motor roll it and it calms the cold start down.

Can't even imagine what Extremes sound like. Probably like a straight pipe Harley.
this is my exact process in the morning too

Sponsored

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My extremes are pretty much insane at cold start. "NASCAR loud" is 100% accurate. I start it in the garage for about 10 seconds and its popping and shaking my entire house...then back it out of the driveway and it settles down by the time I make it up the street but the first 15-25 seconds are unreal. I love it once it's been going for 2 minutes... barely loud while cruising but ears will be bleeding at hard throttle.

So it sounds like swapping just the mufflers would be a waste of time?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
My extremes are pretty much insane at cold start. "NASCAR loud" is 100% accurate. I start it in the garage for about 10 seconds and its popping and shaking my entire house...then back it out of the driveway and it settles down by the time I make it up the street but the first 15-25 seconds are unreal. I love it once it's been going for 2 minutes... barely loud while cruising but ears will be bleeding at hard throttle.

So it sounds like swapping just the mufflers would be a waste of time?
I bet the Corsa Tourings would simmer it down a little.

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm... kind of a pain if it's not much. Hopefully someone has made the swap and can let me know if it's enough to do it.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
My buddy was running Stainless Works LT headers with an x pipe and Borla Atak's which he installed last week. It sounded like a LOUD Harley as mentioned above. I like loud, but it was more than most people could handle, especially on the street. He just threw on some GT500 mufflers and it sounds MUCH better, still loud, but bearable.

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
This...stainless works and solo performance for me...Honestly I could care less after hearing the end product if I lost 15 hp
Which Solo performance set up do you have and did it bolt right up?

Sponsored

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
myfirst, Do you know if this would be a direct bolt on replacement for the corsa x pipe?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
myfirst, Do you know if this would be a direct bolt on replacement for the corsa x pipe?
i dont think so, if you have the factory connects to your catback, you prob going do something to make it fit. im just gonna take it to a shop, id like to not cut anything, but until i get it im not sure how its gonna fit.

post over in the thread ask dave@cj

chapscalyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
for na, what size headers you guys recommend. its gonna be paired with corsa extreme
Sponsored