Sponsored

Camber plates track grade: Vorshlag vs Ground Control vs ?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I require adjusting Camber track side. (And toe). 90% track car.
Vorshlag or Ground Control or ?
Hella respect for both for supporting grassroots Mustang community.
Anyone setup both of these and have thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I use vorshlag plates, but do not try to adjust trackside. The issue is that you are going to change the toe by quite a bit (1/8" or so) when going from max positive to max negative.

I would imagine either would be similar as far as adjusting at track. Jack car up, loosen bolts, slide to marking that you know gives the camber you are wanting.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I require adjusting Camber track side. 90% track car.
Vorshlag or Ground Control or ?
Hella respect for both for supporting grassroots Mustang community.
Anyone setup both of these and have thoughts?
You might want to see who FRP is having build their camber plates or find someone who can copy the design.

If you build them they will come. I would do it but I do not have time until this winter to take on any new projects.

Dave
IMG_3905.jpg
IMG_3911.jpg

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
MM also makes a great set of Camber Plates that I would pick up as well.

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
FRP strut towers arent stock. ZF/Sachs struts.
I think you may have missed my point, I am sure I could have been clearer in my statement about trying to find out who built the FRP setup. My idea was to design or copy the shim style camber plates for use with any type of strut or coilover. Incorporating a caster adjustment as well would be the hot setup.

You could always go with the over the counter options we have now vs building a proper "race" setup, but you would have to spend a lot of time on the alignment rack making known good alignment changes and marking those changes on the car so you could recreate those setups at the track. Its a lot of work and what I have done so far, but in a perfect world having a shim camber adjustment would be best.

Dave

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
I have MM, but they make a bit of noise. I'm too cheap to get the Vorshlag ones so far...

OP
OP
sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I think you may have missed my point, I am sure I could have been clearer in my statement about trying to find out who built the FRP setup. My idea was to design or copy the shim style camber plates for use with any type of strut or coilover. Incorporating a caster adjustment as well would be the hot setup.

You could always go with the over the counter options we have now vs building a proper "race" setup, but you would have to spend a lot of time on the alignment rack making known good alignment changes and marking those changes on the car so you could recreate those setups at the track. Its a lot of work and what I have done so far, but in a perfect world having a shim camber adjustment would be best.
Dave
Thanks Dave, my response was horrible. I am under the impression that ZF(Sachs) may have built those plates to go with their struts as they can be very picky with how their setups are run. Totally speculative.
If anyone is going to be in Austin at COTA this weekend, let me know as ZF(Sachs) people will be there possibly including those w knowledge on Stang set up. Cant be there as will be at TWS 2 hrs away.

Yes, I hear ya on the work(play) time amount to setup marks and a reproduceable procedure to change settings trackside (skipping toe bars or not). I could easily kill a weekend just playing with weight bags, load straps and cells and a toe bar set or alignment rack just mapping the 5 link action out. From what I have heard from those that have, anything over 1-1.4" lowered via stock geometry runs into issues. Anyone seen PAE front end?

Plates and FR track pack with linears, or go nuts full custom... Dangerous slippery slope.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, I hear ya on the work(play) time amount to setup marks and a reproduceable procedure to change settings trackside (skipping toe bars or not). I could easily kill a weekend just playing with weight bags, load straps and cells and a toe bar set or alignment rack just mapping the 5 link action out. From what I have heard from those that have, anything over 1-1.4" lowered via stock geometry runs into issues. Anyone seen PAE front end?

Plates and FR track pack with linears, or go nuts full custom... Dangerous slippery slope.
I am running the Ridetech setup, they move the camber settings to the strut base and use an eccentric bolt to adjust camber, I have them marked for -2.7* and -3.1* and I can make the change at the track. making the change at the knuckle has little effect on tow or caster so I have been able to get away with the little change in camber at the track. I make the change dependent on tire choice and track grip level. It would be nice to have more adjustment than the 2 settings but it is working for me so far. Having the shim style camber plates would allow for much more adjustment and should be more accurate as well.

The shim style plates are on my winter project list, but I still have projects left over from last winter I did not get done.

Dave

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I went from MM to Vorshlag plates when I changed from an OEM style spring to a 60mm race spring on the same struts. Wish I had done Vorshlag first since the nice thing about them aside from the high quality design is they can be adapted to work with OEM, 2.25", 60mm and 2.5" springs. I wouldn't have had to buy a different plate, just perch adapters.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Were they clunking from day 1?
No, actually someone had warned me about them being noisy before I bought them, but I found a really good deal on a set, so just bought them. Not much noise for the first couple months, but it's loud now after about 5-6 months of having them installed.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
No, actually someone had warned me about them being noisy before I bought them, but I found a really good deal on a set, so just bought them. Not much noise for the first couple months, but it's loud now after about 5-6 months of having them installed.
How loud are we talking? Clunking over every little bump in the road? That is very disappointing to hear. I was going to get the MM plates but it's a daily driver so maybe Ill go with Steeda instead. Apparently they are very quiet and stay that way.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I was also told that ALL camber plates will clunk sooner than later due to the spherical bearing on top. No matter how big it is or how tight thr bearing tolerance is.
Sponsored